Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,I am new today so thought I'd say hey!
I've been searching the net most of the night trying to look for some support and a familiar story to mine when I came across this lovely site. I hope I will get to know some of you!I was sent for 'scopes' back in 2007 as I seemed to keep getting horrendous diarrhea during my period and/or a few days after. I also noticed I got strong urgency and diarrhea intermittently in between and un-related to my cycle too but this wasn't nearly as crippling as the night 'attacks' I suffered on a period. I had a few accidents
around the time but I kind of put these more down to IBS as they were a different sort of pain. Now I'm not so sure.My scopes were all clear (yay!) and IBS was mentioned but the gastro thought I may have a gynae involvement due to the severe pain ONLY occurring during a period or shortly after. I was then sent for a laparoscopy with mild endometriosis diagnosed and removed. Since then I've undergone 2 further surgeries for endo which seem to temporarily help the pain but not much endo is being found at these surgeries and I find myself developing the old IBS type symptoms all over the place. But its true the ops seem to settle things once I recover and during a course of zoladex to stop my cycle (\ chemical menopause) I was IBS/endo symptom free. My gynae hints that I must have 'sensitive hormones' and even suggested seeing a gastro until I told him I already had!I'm feeling very confused right now. This condition (whichever one is to blame or both?) seems to flare up about 4 times a year to a manageable level and then once a year I get signed off and have an op: it is ruining things. I just can't tell what is the cause of this, I feel the medics don't care so long as I'm treated for something and to some extent I don't really want to believe the pain will keep happening.Tonight I am probably 2 days after a period and the 'ngiht pain' as I call it starts as soon as I go to bed. Not to bad but hinting. Then the cycle of 'will it happen' starts and of course eventually it does. Crippling pain, feeling faint, sick, sweaty but can only 'go' a little. Then I go to bed still hurting and knowing another wave will happen. It does after about 5 minutes and this time feels like it is finished. Its so crushing being in this amount of pain when shattered. I still have my dihydrocodeine from endo so I've taken some of that and am sat here typing feeling very hurt, alone and tearful.Yikes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Everyone,I am new today so thought I'd say hey!
I've been searching the net most of the night trying to look for some support and a familiar story to mine when I came across this lovely site. I hope I will get to know some of you!I was sent for 'scopes' back in 2007 as I seemed to keep getting horrendous diarrhea during my period and/or a few days after. I also noticed I got strong urgency and diarrhea intermittently in between and un-related to my cycle too but this wasn't nearly as crippling as the night 'attacks' I suffered on a period. I had a few accidents
around the time but I kind of put these more down to IBS as they were a different sort of pain. Now I'm not so sure.My scopes were all clear (yay!) and IBS was mentioned but the gastro thought I may have a gynae involvement due to the severe pain ONLY occurring during a period or shortly after. I was then sent for a laparoscopy with mild endometriosis diagnosed and removed. Since then I've undergone 2 further surgeries for endo which seem to temporarily help the pain but not much endo is being found at these surgeries and I find myself developing the old IBS type symptoms all over the place. But its true the ops seem to settle things once I recover and during a course of zoladex to stop my cycle (\ chemical menopause) I was IBS/endo symptom free. My gynae hints that I must have 'sensitive hormones' and even suggested seeing a gastro until I told him I already had!I'm feeling very confused right now. This condition (whichever one is to blame or both?) seems to flare up about 4 times a year to a manageable level and then once a year I get signed off and have an op: it is ruining things. I just can't tell what is the cause of this, I feel the medics don't care so long as I'm treated for something and to some extent I don't really want to believe the pain will keep happening.Tonight I am probably 2 days after a period and the 'ngiht pain' as I call it starts as soon as I go to bed. Not to bad but hinting. Then the cycle of 'will it happen' starts and of course eventually it does. Crippling pain, feeling faint, sick, sweaty but can only 'go' a little. Then I go to bed still hurting and knowing another wave will happen. It does after about 5 minutes and this time feels like it is finished. Its so crushing being in this amount of pain when shattered. I still have my dihydrocodeine from endo so I've taken some of that and am sat here typing feeling very hurt, alone and tearful.Yikes!
Hi there!I know your post is from a while ago, but I have IBS-D and endometriosis and was wondering if you could give me an update on how you're doing?Thanks!Jen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts