Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i say hello to all here firsti think i have ibs and i am scared of what it means.My doctor has told that i do but has not carried out any testsif this is ibs i am truly scared of what it means for the rest of my lifeany help will be appreciatedthank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't be scare, it's not like cancer or any grave like that.My main issue with this illness is the constant uncomfortable feeling and the humiliation that can come from always being gassy/constipation etc.. which causes anxiety that it causes in social settings.I think IBS can be triggered by choices of foods and stress combo.I've just started seeing a Naturopath, and I hope it can help me out by following the diet and so forth.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hello Pyro -Your doctor told you you had IBS and didn't do any tests ??? What kind of doc did you see?You didn't mention what symptoms you were having ... It is normal to fear any ailment, but if in fact you do have IBS remember that you can live a full satisfying life with IBS. I've been living with it for over 15 years, am married with a 13 year old son, work full-time - I go to concerts, shopping, hikes, do yoga & excercise, go on vacation, etc. I have good days and I have bad days - but who doesn't ???Keeping a positive attitude helps tremendously!
Jodie

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm jealous of your Jodie.I am also recently diagnosed and am dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression due to IBS, which makes it run in a cycle, since it is stress-induced. But learning tricks that work for you can make life easier, and realizing you are in control of your life, IBS is not, it can help you to not be so scared.

·
Registered
678 Posts
ThatchickAli-I know that cycle oh so well.
It's not easy to break away from it - but it is possible. I have to work at it constantly.Hope you find some peace
Jodie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what happens with symptoms is sometimes i can wake up have breakfast like cornflakes or rice crispes or wheatabix then can go to the toilet over and over about 3-4 times in a hour or hour and a half had to go in a taxi station to use loo once .Yesterday was quite bad the previous night i had pizza chips with garlic sauce i was fine afterwards but the next day i had a lot of wind witch was uncomfortable which led to cramps then going to the toilet a lot not diohrrea(dont know how to spell it)just going a lot again 2-3 times a hour then a break for a couple of hours then start againthx again for any help or advice

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi PyroDoes sounds like you may have IBS-D (IBS diarrhea). Definitely some of the symptoms.try using calcium supplements to see if it helps the diarrhea.BTW, don't worry too much about IBS. It is a nuisance and create havoc in our daily lives but it is not terminal. It is a functional disorder.If you manage it well, you can have a pretty good day.Best terence

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
When I was a newbie to this BB 7 years ago, I too felt as you did - but I was able to break the fear and anxiety - no one thing works for everyone, but there are ways to manage and treat IBS to make you better...Read as much info as you can, read the research on treatments, and you can do things to help yourself feel better...All the best to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.