Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , found u r website & thought I would jump in & ask for some help !Brief background 46 yr old female , suffered debilitating Endometriosis for many yrs ( after being told I had IBS ) finally had total Hysterectomy 4 yrs ago ( NO hrt ) plus Ive had 2 laps & 2 c-sections !Now the long story begins - get comfy !Ive always suffered with what I call " an IFFY tummy " always seemed to have on going pains - never really had good BM daily , always have to take a laxative of some description ,approx 2 yrs ago now I started having really bad tummy & kidney pains , like a period type pain that moves from my right kidney area to my groin , Then it turns to a horrible dull ache in my lower tummy & back , cant eat as it feels worse when I do so Im loosing weight .had various tests at the hospital , NO kidney stones found ( but I do suffer with UTIs ) . This pain comes on V quickly & can last for hours , normally the whole day , Nurofen helps but I normally have to take Voltorol to get rid of it completely . This is really ruining my life atm , Ive always got the tummy & kidney pains , cant ever make plans to go out as Im always " ill " - friends are not calling anymore - I just so fedup with it all , & I really cant face going to the drs again , I think they think Im mad !! Please is there any one out there that feels like me , any one have these symptoms ?Is this IBS or what ....I dunno ....any replys welcomed - even just to say hi ...please ?! PS have posted on General board also - hope this is ok -

·
Registered
396 Posts
mitig Hi, i'am sorry i can't help you out. I'am new here as well. There are alot of very caring and knowledgable people on this site. I'am sure someone will be along with ideas for you. Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mitig-I am dealing with the same thing. I just had a lap for what I thought was endo...nope. I have had pain in my left groin area and have had every test run. I am finally going for a colonoscopy on Friday and I am only 36. I understand your frustration and dealing with Dr's and pain is just no fun. Get some answers for yourself, find the right Dr. Hang in there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi & sorry to hear u r suffering also , " Sigh " its just so awfull when there is not any Drs outthere to listen to us eh !Hang in there & hope u feel better soon , Im gonna try one more visit to the Drs - wish me luck !Mitig

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all...Im new here! I read alot on this site and found the people very understanding. I think Im driving my family nuts with my problems. I have been in pain for the last 6 months..tummy pain and irregular bowel movements,loss weight, heartburn,and so much gas I wanna scream. I was on zelnorm for a bit, but didnt help the pain..just had to go alot more. Cant sleep at nite..whats a good nite sleep? I just started seeing a gastro doc...he has me schudeled for the good ole colonoscopy..he has me on Bentyl and a I guess a new drug called amitiza. (needless to say not good stuff if u faint on ur bedroom floor from it)..but who knows? I have been watching my diet and trying to find any trigger food that may intenisfy this pain. But mostly..I feel like a hermit...no life for like 6 months. Its driving me nuts! Any suggestions would great..Im just goin crazy here and cant take this pain anymore! Thanks all..have a good one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.