Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  mouth 
#1 ·
hi new here replied to Prof Grey have same probs no support group in northern ireland where i live would love to hear from other people in same situation as i dont go out much due to pain

#2 ·
HelloI have had severe ibs for many years.I get pain day in day out at times it lasts all day and night.Have you tried antispasmodics or low dose antidepressants for the pain.Some people take paracetamol or ibubrufen,but remember everyone is different so i would say go along to your GP and have a word with them.Best of luck.

#3 ·
Hey welcome to the forum! im very on n off, which can be irratating! i find that (if you can) graze of food throughout the day, and not have Big meals! and as Diana63 said ask ur gp for some antispasmodics, mine realy do help me alot, if i didnt take them EVERYTHING i eat will make my intestines go off on one! but SOMETIMES they still manage to! i suffer nausea too! now im female and just starting a new contraceptive,so unsure if its my old pill i was on or justmy ibs! because people do suffer nausea! o well lovely life we lead aye..but ur not alone!

#4 ·
tried antispamodtics no success low dose ads stopped working after a while only using 2mg twice a day of diazepam at mo doctor trying to take me off them addictive usual sypmtoms heartburn neuasa severe right sided pain under ribs into groin found out recently have over active gallbladder know mine is stress related, dad died suddenly brother died suddenly husband diagnosed PTSD very stressful job now retired on ill health now testing 4 cealiacs my life sounds ugh but i try 2 plod on but there r days i could just say sod it. 1 doc told me if it was cancer i would be dead now just live with it as they say here felt like punching his lights out he wants to try living like this

#6 ·
HiWelcome to teh forum. have you tried any probiotic therapy at all? there are also is also a thread in another area of the forum for hypnosys and teh audio 100 program which has been very helpfull to alot of people. have you tried altering your diet by exclusion?CheersIan

#7 ·
will go probiotics a go cant lose anything havent so far was taught emotional freedom technique by hubbies therapist works when the pain isnt 2 bad supposed to see ur pain as a colour while tapping on certain points if any 1 wants to try it go 2 emofree. com

#8 ·
I so understand how you are feeling,my Dad and two Uncles died within 11 months also my mum has Dementia now in the advanced stages.My son also has Autism but saying that is doing well at college,i am proud of him.I also understand how health problems can take you to the pit of despair,i had to give up work 11years ago due to the severe ibs and chronic fatigue syndrome.Life really does stink! but as you said you plod along and do your best.Hospital Doctors are really not interested in ibs only more serious diseases i have found but my own GP is very understanding though not found anything that helps yet.Are you taking antidepressants of any kind?or seeing a councellor?also do you have a Doctor at a health centre that maybe would listen to you and try and help?Maybe you have a close friend or relative you could talk to,if you cannot get out maybe talk on the phone?If celiac was found it can be helped with diet etc.I hope you can feel a bit brighter soon.Take care of yourself.PS.You are not alone in your suffering.

#9 ·
All my family in england and scotland lived here 22 years doctor is good but cant find ad that suits me have really bad side effects my mum is amazing 76 and fitter than me and my son is brill listens to my moans and groans all the time. He doesnt let much get him down would love his outlook on life lets it all go over his head says life a b***h you just have to go with the flow wicked sense of humour. Daughter has 2 sons who have ASD high functioning 1 doing well at school other only 7 sorting him out at the mo granddaughter has dyslexia. New consultant i have now seems to be more understanding hopefully he will be able to help

#10 ·
You certainly have a lot going on in your life,sometimes it is difficult to just think about ourselfs.Although being a bit healthier would be a start.Hopefully one day!One of my friends son has dyslexia,he is in 5th year at school and has got on well.If children get the support they need it can help them cope so much better.My husband is a very laid back person,he says he does not have to worry as i worry at times for both of us!which is true and does make me laugh.He is very supportive which is good,my son is healthy to,which i am thankful for,apart from his Autism.He has always been very lucky and got the support he has needed at home and school and now college,it is not always easy to get the support they need,you have to keep on pushing for it!Your son sounds as if he has a very good attitude to life i wish i was more like that to or more laid back about things.I do try.I hope things get sorted for your other Grandson soon,and your new consultant can be of help to you.Take care.PS.I live in Scotland to.

#13 ·
does while hes there but can go down when he comes home but they do the most amazing work and the place is fantastic very peaceful and totally stress free helps me as well very hard living with someone who has PTSD at times. Family in Dumfries and Ayrshire an all my family in Worcestershire Bad day 2 day christmas shopping hate the crowds mine is defo stress related fine until eveything thing that happened and worked with behavioural special needs pupils in mainstream senior school mainly ADD and ADHD so i was getting stress all ways.

#14 ·
I am glad it helps you to relax a bit when your husband is being treated.Stress in general is not a nice illness.Do you not have councelling yourself for this?someone you can speak to on your own and maybe able to relax a bit?I take it you do not work anymore?That would have been a stressful job you had.I am sure you done a great job with trying to help the pupils,these conditions are difficult for normal people to understand as it is.The ones trying to help are wonderful.My son whom i think i told you has Autism,but some people do not have any idea about it,i have been asked in the past if my son will get better!I have not worked myself now for 11years due to my ill health.It would be nice to have one good day would'nt it.Its a shame you cannot enjoy a bit of Christmas shopping as that makes you feel more stressed.What about if you could go out for a few hours early morning when shops are a bit quiter,would that be any easier for you?Take care.x

#15 ·
going early monday morning 2 avoid the crowds have to get a set of drum sticks for oldest grandson and myself ear plugs helps his ASD takes his frustration out on his drum kit teacher reckons hes good granddaughter learning violin god help me. Youngest grandson going 2 jujitsu 2 help with his social skills hopefully he will get better oldest 1 same as yours seems to b coping better as hes growing up making friends better since being in senior school. Do have counselling through the dole office lol not seen him 4 a while though as he is off sick and go 2 a support group run by the dole office. Understand how hard it is 4 autistic people as it is a hidden impairment and people dont understand very set in their ways but as i say we r all different and life would b boring if we were all the same. Worked with ASD, ADHD, ADD, ODD, Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy loved my job and hope 2 return 3 it eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.