Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!After seven years of major digestive issues, I was finally diagnosed with IBS. Though I am convinced something has to cause it, I am still looking.I have been on Nexium, had an endoscopy, a few ultrasounds and a HIDA scan done. I've seen a comprehensive health doctor; that was expensive! I also went to an allergist; I am allergic to NOTHING. I have had so many blood and fecal tests, I am really at my wits end. I am currently working with a nutritionist to monitor my carb intake at each meal, but I still have issues. Mainly I feel very nauseous and I think my symptoms are worse when I have higher levels of stress. I believe I am lactose intolerant as well. I've been taking lexapro which has helped with my stomach and my road rage. :)I could use any advice and any suggetions for any avenues I haven't explored yet. This came on suddenly back in 2003 and I've been living with it off and on for a seven years. I am convinced that there has to be a root cause and I won't rest until I find out what is making me sick.Victoria

·
Registered
17 Posts
Victoria, I"m on anti depressants as well.....right now on Zoloft, but it seems they all worsen my IBS by making me nauseaous...have you ever experienced that? Have you tried drinking peppermint tea to help calm your stomach? And Pepto? Librax?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.