Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm a newly diagnosed IBS groupie. Now that I've read a lot more information about it, it makes much more sense to me, I've actually been suffering for a long time, just not to the extreme I am now. I've currently gone through all the test - you know the ones I mean- to rule everything out. I'm a back and forth person, I have both diahrea and constipation. I've missed about 4 weeks of work now and I'm playing it week by week until I can figure out some of my triggers. But looks as though there is more work to be missed again this week. I feel VERY guilty because it's just an office job, but the pain is so aweful even with the antispamatic drugs I'm taking that I can't concentrate and any mistake I make can cost the company serious money. Besides the fact that I'm constantly exhausted. I used to be an extremely active person.Guess I'm just looking for some insight and support from some of you in the same boat. Boyfriend has been very supportive and understanding when I just don't feel like moving off the sofa. Going to force myself to do some sort of excercise each day no matter how crappy and exhausted I feel.I've ordered some probiotic supplements and hoping that helps too, but MAN this is getting terrible!Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer any advice or even a shoulder ;-) Trying to keep my sense of humor!!StacyR

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there stacymy name is sarah and i am also a newbie here, I have suffered with IBS for what seems like forever! you are not alone mate and you should not worry about work if they have a heart they will understand and if they don't then show them the info on here, its certainly helped me, you are lucky to have a caring man in your life I also have one although at times it can get difficult for him and the kids. I think and hope and pray that I have this a bit under control at the moment although like others on here you have to find your own way and usually by process of elimination find the source of your IBS good luck stacy and if you need a shoulder you have one right herewoollylamb2k6###yahoo.comx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch Sarah. It's been a tough ride. Like I said, it's up and down for me and I have not yet found a happy medium. I'm starting to eat just the bland stuff and taking fiber to get out of the C stage, then maybe start adding a few things back into my diet and see what happens.Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey there stacy,For as long as I have had this thing I have suffered with constipation it used to get to the point where it would put me in hospital fortnightly, i finally made a diet plan and watched absolutely everything i ate, for me it was never one thing although i have main triggers oranges is one and coca cola is another but the food plan is working so far i hope this helps

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done some research on probiotics as well, and have ordered some, patiently awaiting them (using that word very lightly;-0). I'm hoping that will help along with the diet - I love to cook and bake though, that's going to be the tough part!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi stacyDon't know much about probiotics but i do have a actimel yoghurt drink every day and waiting to see if that helps, aparently they contain probiotic. I also love to cook and bake it is a real bummer when you can't eat the food you cook and when you have kids you have to cook (viscious circle) but i must say i do eat some stuff i'm not supposed to just got to be prepared to pay the consequences lifes to short to miss out on all the good things in life mate but good luck with your food plan i really hope it works for you

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, if you're ever in the mood for some really good dessert recipes for the kids, let me know - I have some great ones, like chocolate pizza and a fruit trifle desert that makes even kids eat the fruit (I make it for every cook out I go to and it's usually the only thing that has NO left overs) and the best part - it's super easy!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
that sounds great stacy im always on the look out for new things to try with the kids and as my diet is so boring i get a lot of pleasure from seeing them enjoy their food, i put mey e-mail addy on the last post so if its not too much trouble send away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.