Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 'I am new here as well.I have Ibs.D.Have had this for twenty years.But the last few months it has definately been worse.I read on an earlier post that tea can make this worse,Iwas wondrering if this had a connection.I am always worse in the morning as I think most people are,And that's when I drink a lot of tea.I drink decaff coffee so maybe I should switch to decaff tea as well.I take Mebeverine for this as It seems to be the only meds prescribed here in the Uk.But other than tea? The only other trigger I have is stress which can not always be avoided.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Switch to decaff or chammomile. Sometimes warm liquids seems to make the intestines contract. I would limit the coffee as well if possible. I used to drink regular or decaf everyday but since this cropped back up again, I've cut way back. I also drink mochas which have milk so I am careful not to drink them more than a couple times per week because I can't stand the taste of soy and I really missed the coffee when I went off it entirely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.