Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatsup guys.. First time poster at this particular message board... But I have been posting at another one somewhere else, which I have found to be really really slow, no one really posts that much anymore.Okay.. So yeah I've read a lot of post from diff. people, and I relate to a lot of what you all have to say.. Meds I have tried: Zoloft, Donnatal, Lexapro, Zantac, Pepsid AC, Nexium, Prilosec, Immodium(obviously)!Herbals:Caltrate Colon Health Pills, Digestive Advantage, Papaya Enzymes, Probiotics...Meds I am on now... Imiprimine for around 3 months.. at 150 mg. BUT JUST RECENTLY, actually 2 days ago... switched from donnatal to LIBRAX.What are your opinions on librax? I know it has a benzo anti-anxiety med combined w/ an anti-spas or similar...Well, about a year ago my gp doc prescribed me lexapro and 20 .25 mg xanax. I took the lexapro for a week and stopped, it gave me way too much D... The xanax however worked like a charm. Unfortunatel only 20.. This year my gastro doc after my last colonoscopy prescribed me the imiprimine donnatal(continued script) and 40 .25 mg. xanax. I find the xanax to be soooo helpful... So thats why I decided to switch from the donnatal b/c the librax is a benzo too..I guess Im wondering who here has taken it.. Who here has taken it and had it be beneficial? And can I take the remaining 20+ xanax as needed w/ the librax? Or will that just not work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,I'm new to this message board and a newbie on IBS. I've been having constant abdominal bloating and daily pain for almost 2 month. 1 week ago, after a few tests (Urine, blood and stool test as well as an Abdominal Ultrasound) my Gastro has put me on Librax. To be very honest I haven't felt any particular change. However, after reading many posts, what works with a particular person doens't mean it works for others. So, I hope that you are more successfull than I am.Good luckP.S. With regards to Xanax, I think you should talk to your GP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,I'm new to this message board and a newbie on IBS. I've been having constant abdominal bloating and daily pain for almost 2 month. 1 week ago, after a few tests (Urine, blood and stool test as well as an Abdominal Ultrasound) my Gastro has put me on Librax. To be very honest I haven't felt any particular change. However, after reading many posts, what works with a particular person doens't mean it works for others. So, I hope that you are more successfull than I am.Good luckP.S. With regards to Xanax, I think you should talk to your GP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.