Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've just been diagnosed after been told for three months I had gall stones (got that a bit wrong!!) when they sent me for an x-ray and said i was backed up all the way through my large intestine.....even though I wasn't constipated!!

I never overly suffered, just was always constipated. I take Movicol daily for that.

I'm getting truly AWFUL stomach pains, to the point where I can't sleep!! I've taken Naproxen (painkiller), Buscupan (Anti-spasmodic) and Cyclizine (anti-nausea) and it's not relieving the pain at all. I can't even eat at the moment, and it's been like this for 3 days.

I understand I must have trigger foods...but I'm so new I don't know them :(!

Can anyone give me any advice on how on earth I could possibly reduce this awful pain first and then what I can do to identify trigger foods etc.....I'm so scared to eat!!

I'm only just 18 years old with PCOS, so I'm feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment!

Thank you all so much in advance!!

Emily

·
Registered
6 Posts
First question, have you gone back to your GP to talk about this? It's a big step to go from "congrats you have IBS" to "lets get together to manage this". They may be able to give you different medications to reduce the pain, maybe up the dose of your constipation meds, things like that.

Second question, are you sure the IBS is the cause of the pain rather than the PCOS? PCOS can cause horrid pain relating to the cysts, but also transferred pain.

Thirdly, stress is a key factor in symptoms of IBS and getting worked up about it isn't going to help your IBS. Not that it's easy to relax when you're in pain or worried that your body is doing things that you don't understand.

I think that you need to start by visiting your GP as soon as possible or going to a walk in center near you and just talking to them. :( That'll hopefully help you sort things out. Check if you're in an area that's covered by the 111 number (non-emergencies) because they may be able to get you an appointment today/tomorrow for a walk-in or triage center and they can give you stuff to get you through the weekend and maybe resolve some of your issues.

Also, if you want to talk about it, please feel free to message me. *hugs*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.