Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sixty years old and was diagnosed with ibs 4 months ago.The constipation became so severe that yesterday I did the bowel cleansing prep used for a colonoscopy: mag citrate, miralax. Lucky I did not actually have a colonscopy scheduled as I've been unable to get the bowel excretions to run clear.This morning I did another full round of Miralax followed by 4 enemas. Still the liquid excretions are dark in color. Just tried a couple of Dulcolax.Any ideas on how to clear my bowel?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Ok I found ya here.... Hope you have been able to clean out by now.If not.. I had another idea.. Sorbitol (or other artificial sweetners) can give many of us with IBS D severe Diarrhea. So I was thinking maybe if you used a "sugar free" product with sorbitol in it>>> that might help loosen things up too. (Like for example lifesavers - the ones called "Breathsavers" have 2 artifical sweeteners!) They have Sorbitol AND Apspertame in them and send my poor hub who doesn't even HAVE IBS running to the bathroom. So.. I know it sounds really simple.. but it might help you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi i am 54 and diagnosed 2 yrs ago I am beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the menopause no probs til then, then the constipation heartburn nausea and anxiety set in oh joy havent found an answer yet good and bad days

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hi mouth, have you talked to your gyn about the menopause? Do you take estrogen? Low estrogen can cause the anxiety for sure. I think my constipation problems got better as I moved thru menopause but everyone is different. What are you trying to take for the constipation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts