Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.I've just been diagnosed with IBS, and am feeling really overwhelmed. For example, I'm hungry right now, and in so much pain that I don't even know what to pick up to eat, lest it backfires on me and causes more pain. I don't really know where to start with treating my IBS. My doctor gave me a one-page handout on it that wasn't very helpful, except that it listed this website as a support group.Can anyone give me advice on where to start managing my symptoms? Should I eliminate one food and see how it goes? For how long? Which foods?I hope I don't seem too depressing. I'm not really! I'm just quite confused about this condition.Thank you!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Start with small frequent meals, Try rice and lean chicken or fish, and see if there are veggies (cooked) you tolerate well.Often size and frequency of meal makes more difference than which food. Waiting as long as possible to eat will make your colon much more active when you finally give in and that will cause a lot more pain than eating 300 calories or so every 3 hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts