Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Night time indigestion/pain/gurgling

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  davebon@mts.net 
#1 ·
I have had IBS for several years. Have gone through all the various tests to rule out more serious problems and all have been negative. My gastroenterologist has concluded I have IBS. Most of my problems are during the night and early morning - churning, pain and indigestion. This gradually goes away during the day. I have altered my diet many times but can't seem to get any relief, Have also tried all the various meds for acid reflux (nexium etc) with no success. In fact the anti-acid reducers give me constant stomach pain. Presently taking Chlordiazepoxide which has helped in the past but now is not.Has anyone had similar problems and found any successful treatment.Thanks

#2 ·
Hi, my IBS problems go pretty much all day in general however night times are by far the worst time for me. Right after dinner I'm pretty much done for. I get gurgling, gas, pain. I haven't really found much that's helped. I've tried altering my diet, I don't eat spicy foods for dinner, I've tried eating less, eating earlier. Sadly I've yet to find an answer so mostly I just admit defeat and climb into bed with a book and a hot water bottle (lol, old before my time, I'm in bed earlier than my Mum!). Sorry, no help, but you're not alone.

#3 ·
I had IBS-D for 10 years, indigestion for 25 (or so), gastritus, gall bladder attacks, and finally reflux. I have been taking a flavonoid supplement for my cardio system and it has completely eliminated all gastric and bowel problems for over 6 years.You can write me if you want to give it a shot.Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.