Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a bad few weeks, lots of pain, gas ect. spending way too much time in the bathroom. I have found that I can eat a toast lately and not be hungry for the whole day after that. I have to remind myself to eat. It doesn't matter if I eat or not the pain is still there, so that's not why i don't eat. I have lost 5 pounds, not trying to lose weight, just happening. I'm skinny to begin with so don't want to lose. Are you like that , are bad tummy days related to not eating?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am alot like that. I have always been skinny and have been having IBS problems for about a year now. I just saw a nutritionist and he is still concerned about my weight. My dad was even the same way his whole life. I never have a appetite anymore. My doctor is doing a test on me tomarrow. A gastric emptying study to see if my stomic is emptying correctly. He said alot of IBS symptoms also belong to this problem and it can cause you to lose weight. It might be something to check out. And I don't know if its because I don't eat give me stomic problems. I try to force myself alot of the times, but usally I am already not feeling to good.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Yes, I get days just like that.Can't eat anything or much anyway.I call it a bad tummy day too.I don't know what brings it on.I'll be fine and then poof there it goes.And I can tell by the food.Sometimes I just have to look at it.Or I'll put a bit in my mouth and immediately I know I'm going to be sorry.I've also identified foods that are tried and true gut savers for me. These are the foods I eatwhen I'm having a bad tummy run so I won't lose too much weight.I don't like losing too much.I'm already small and I would like to keep a little meat on my bones.So on my bad days I stay with the good foods and rest. Resting and being quiet does help.I also try not to rush and I take my time with whatever I am doing.Mr. Kamie does my feet when my belly is giving me a rough time and that always helps too.Kamie

·
Registered
559 Posts
...Within a few weeks I have lost over 25 pounds. I had to stop weighing myself, because I didn't want to see anymore weight loss......This was in the beginning of my IBS, even though I had the symptoms before my MD said it was IBS.I have times when I am super hungry, and just eat away, and still gain no weight. I do, do the no no's, with the ice cream...those BIG and tasty burgers for a buck at McDonalds, along with the rest of the no no's
I figure I'm going to have my IBS symptoms anyway, so what the heck, I'll enjoy "real" food for a few short days. Now, on the other hand, there are the days when I don't eat, don't even think of food, because I am not hungry. I have to be reminded by family members to EAT!! I am even catered to. I am not super skinny, but I am below my height and age weight. I've been working out, and running...I would figure the muscle I "made" would make me wiegh more. I also notice when I do eat, meaning having a tad bit of an appitite, I can't eat like I do on them no no eat days. I can barely finish half of what I put on my plate, which isn't much to begin with. I thought that maybe my tummy shrunk, and that was why. But what about those days that I mentioned above?? I just don't understand this whole thing. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Then again, if it did make sense to anyone, there would be a cure, right??Love,Jadair
:love:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Jadair, I understand. Yesterday I had a few mini chocolate bars, I figured i'm having a hard time so why not, It's not like it's gonna made a difference really, or maybe it does , who knows. I think the only dafe foods for me right now would be rice. I think I'll try that, only rice today and my metamucil of course.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I weigh 215 and am 5'9". I have been staedy at this weight for 15 yrs. I seem to have alot of bowel problems but my weight doesnt really change. Yes I do the greasy food when Im feeling good. But, when Im feeling bad, or traveling somewhere, I dont eat anything for fear I wont have time to find a bathroom. I need to loose some weight, so if happens, it happens.Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.