Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I have IBS-D on most days, and when I need to go I really have to go! I was wondering if there was anything available or if anyone had tried anything that helps with this? I take immodium and am trying Lindas calcium remedy, and these are helping, but sometimes I just wish there was something that would stop the urgency, and would allow me to find a toilet in a reasonable time. This is probably the million dollar question but you never know! ThanksDebbie

·
Registered
44 Posts
try a probiotic (ask at the pharmacy) and a soluble fiber supplement. Try these for at leat 6 weeks. The lining of your guts sheds and replaces itself every 3 to 6 weeks, so give all you remedies a try for that long. Its hard to wait for results, but what choice do we have? Good luck and god bless.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Probitoic is any of a number of species of bacteria that live in the gut.By definition they produce no gas when they digest the various carbohydrates a person does not.They also interact with the body and that can also help for some people reduce some of the symptoms of IBS.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
One thing you might try adding that hasn't been mentioned is peppermint, it is an herbal antispasmodic and might help the urgency.Prescription wise usually for this you are talking prescription antispasmodics or antidepressants. The antidepressants block the nerves that over-respond causing the urgency.K.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I use a grapeseed and ginko based flavonoid supplement for my cardio health that, over time, has completely eliminated both the D and the urgency.I have just finished a 9 day float down a wilderness river, drinking only boiled river water, with only one bm a day. A miracle.Obviously, I think it worth a try.Mark

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mark,A nine day float down a river? You are an inspiration! Wow. I'm very impressed.Birchco,I'm surprised imodium doesn't take away your urgency, but I understand. Unfortunately using Imodium only treats the symptom, not the problem. But we all know that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.