Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My symptoms:Note: Prior to this event I was feeling the best I ever had in my life (49 yrs old female). The only thing that had changed that I didn't pay much attention to was pooping like a rabbit for about 6 months. I ate like a rabbit (very healthy) and had no pain so I never gave it a thought.3/4/05 thought I had the worst bladder infection ever. Saw Dr. next day who gave me Levaquin.After 3 days I thought I would lose my mind and got 2 more Levaquin. Dr. said blood in urine but no infection. Another 2 days and ended in a clinic on a Saturday. Blood in urine but later called to say no infection. Prescribed Keflex. Still no relief and ended back to primary care for pelvic exam. Said too much pain to be just a bladder infection so off to Urologist who found nitrates in urine, did cystoscopy (OK) and prescribed Macrodantin. After 2 weeks on that I returned with less frequency of urination but much abdominal pain. Also had IVP (OK). Got sent to OBGYN - had series of tests (trans vaginal, ab ultrasound) with the only comments that bowels seemed overactive and it was difficult to see other organs due to bowels filling the screen (I have had left ovary removed and uterus). Had to take Vicodin to get through the day which I found out is about the worst thing you can do.Back to primary care that gave me Zelnorm and Mirolax, Xanax, and Ultracet. I have now missed almost 3 weeks of work. Also could not eat and lost about 14lbs in 3 weeks.After more continued pain and losing about 25lbs in 2 months I ended up at the Gastroenterologist. Had a colonoscopy which I needed 5 times the normal sedation to get through and I still woke up screaming. The colonoscopy was deemed normal but IBS noted. After an office visit to Gastro-Enterologist, he prescribed Symax time release double dose at lunch as I had no pain in morning until lunch and I slept just fine. After 3 weeks I was getting no relief so I went back.This is the HOPEFUL part of the message. I was prescribed Librax 4 times a day and with a couple of DAYS after 3 MONTHS of agony, I am getting my life back. I had also been walking daily, meditating, taking fiber but after not caring if I actually died, I am excited to get my life back. Easing back into work also. If needed I can take Xanax but the Dr. said he preferred that I take more Librax (can actually take up to 8 day). I had to post this to say don't give up, it could just be a matter of finding the right combination for you!! Hang in there!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.