Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had the SS enema on Tuesday and felt I was pretty well cleaned out and was in a great frame of mind. I have done everything the doctors suggested to me, with the exception of the 5 bananas a day. I've been drinking 10+glasses of water, I'm eating lots of fruit, including 10-15 large prunes, high fibre cereal for breakfast, a glass of juice with metamucil and still taking the modulon.....NOTHING....as of this morning I can feel my stomach being to bloat again, and the pressure seems to be building by the minute, I have no urge and I am very worried that I am going to be C for another 3 weeks. I really don't know what to do, I even tried some mineral oil last night. I did a light workout at the gym yesterday and have been on the move since I got up this morning, hoping that exercise will bring on the urge.A friend told me to relax and have a BIG cup of coffee....I don't drink anything with caffeine, but am getting to the point that I will try anything.My main concern is,,,,what is the worst case scenario with C, if this continues and I can't get any help?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Judi, and try to relax. There is ALWAYS help out there. It's true that I have not had C to the extent you have. The longest I've not gone is 3 days. When I was constantly C I took ducosate sodium capsules, the stool softeners, and they helped me to some extent.Do you think that since you just has the enema on Tuesday that may be the reason you haven't gone yet? Your body may be readjusting. But I understand how uncomfortable and worried you must be feeling.Hopefully someone here who has more experience with severe C can give you more information. Did your doctor suggest anything for you to do if you clog up again after the enema? Can you call them again?JeanG

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, hope you are begin feeling better soon! I have C also. I found out that I can't eat too much fiber, too much makes my C worse. Also, I can't take alot of soluble fiber, I need insoluble fiber. I still am having C bad, but not as bad as before (was a week, down to 3 days) Started a new drug, levbid, on Weds. so far all it succeed in is making me very very thirsty. I drank over 6 quarts of water yesterday, today was better but still am water logged. best of luck to you! [This message has been edited by vaycondios (edited 03-09-2000).][This message has been edited by vaycondios (edited 03-09-2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.