Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive resently began to suffer for what my docor believes may be IBS. I have all the classic symptoms including bloating, terrible pain in my abdomen, back and sides and sometimes chest pain and its making me miserable. Some days i cant even go to work the pain is so awful. The problem is, people just keep passing it off as wind, they dont realise how painfull it is. My doc is sympathetic but i need help and dont know where to start!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Support is very hard to find. Most of my family and friends consider me a hypochondriac and even Drs tend to treat you like you are keeping them from something more important. My mum had fibromyalgia and is the only one who seems to have any understanding of what my IBS-D is all about. I have found that this site is helpful in that i know it's not just me! If you try and explain it all you get are toilet jokes as Karla also knows (way to go Karla I would have kicked her out too).When things get too bad just remeber we are all here for you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI again all after reading the above posts i decided to visit the foods info site that Eric mentioned. I have been looking for advice on foods for ages but all the advice i had previously found had an adverse (to say the least) reaction for me. I am going to give the advice on this site a try as it actually seems to be sensible (for once). Thanks for the site Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can i just ask, i often experiance nausea when i have the pain, is this normal?? It makes me vary reluctant to eat so im loosing weight. People think im on a diet and keep trying to feed me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i know what you mean i'm going through the different tests now and i have thought and i think i have been putting up with the symtoms and i also have no suppore because no one knows what it is about. i know that i talked to my mother-in-law and she said she has ibs and the symtoms that i have don't sound like it but i have the gas and bloting and pain in the abdomin that at times involves the back and my sides and there has been times that i cann't go to work because of the pain. so to let you know i'm here to talk if you want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.