Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone else literally push on the tummy and make it make weird noises. It's like I can literally HEAR the feces and water and whatever else in my intestines swish swoshin around. (especially after I eat) is that normal??

G

·
Now those noises are normal for me, especially when I am lying in bed. Before my bowel obstructions it was very quiet, cannot recall to many noises or swishes. I also can push on my abdomen and hear noises.char

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also hear lots of noices espicially when I'm having a bad flare up it starts almost at my chest and I hear it go all the way down t'ill it goes in the toilet. But for the past 6 days I've been C so no noise at all I'm actually getting lonely LOL..

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Everyone's bowels are supposed to be making noises pretty much all of the time.Now usually you need a stethoscope to hear them. But some people are louder than others.When the doctor thinks you have a bowel obstruction they listen to your intestines with the stethoscope (just like listening to your heart) and if they hear nothing at all that is bad sign.You want there to be some noise. Bowel obstructions can be serious business so if you have no noises at all, and have not had a BM in like a week you may want to call the doctor. It isn't something you want to just wait out for another week or two. (Unless of course you have been all over this with the doctor and have different instructions as to what to do when you haven't have a BM for 7-10 days)K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:the reason we have those noises is b/c of bowel obstructions.
Note that IBS does not cause a bowel obstruction.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bowel obstructions hurt like hell. (I've had a few).You would know one if you had one. The noise I think is generally due to "fluid" type stuff in the bowel and gas. They sound funny but I wouldn't worry about it. My hubby gets grumbling noises and there's nothing wrong with him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.