Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tom,Yes, I've got it (available in p/b in UK) and have been dipping into it rather than cover to cover read, though it is a very good, accessible book.There's quite a lot of factual info. too, so I'd definitely recommend it rather than trying to pull out anything for the BBIan

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tom, I am reading it now. For those who are not familiar with the book, it is a well-researched "atlas of depression" (that is the subtitle)and yes, there is,in the part I've read so far,a brief mention of an episode in Solomon's past that sure sounds like IBS-D, although Solomon does not come right out and call it that. The only overt reference to IBS is in a section on anxiety disorders in which he mentions in passing a statistic that "In part, scientists think, because the locus coeruleus in the brain controls both norepinephrine production and the lower bowel, at least half of anxiety disorder patients have irritable bowel syndrome as well..."Solomon does talk quite candidly about his own depression, so I would have expected that if he does have IBS, he would have said so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.