Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Normacol in the UK - anyone have some?!

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ciclochick 
Hi Sophie. I am new to this community and have just seen your post which I can relate to, as I have been using Normacol Plus for nearly 10 years and currently having the same challenges as you. I saw somewhere it could be in stock in mid-March 'at the earliest', but I'm not so sure. I'm really sorry you're having a similar challenge.
I wondered if you might have any suggestions of alternatives whilst we wait for it to come back in stock? I have been using Psyllium Husk, Movicol, Bisacodyl, Magnesium to try and assist in the meantime, but as I say, Movicol is definitely the best!

Thank you so much for your reply and the update. That’s really disappointing news re Normacol isn’t it! I wonder why they discontinued it.
Yes Movicol isn’t great at all. I’ll try Optifibre, thank you for the recommendation.
Losing Normacol finally forced me into booking to see a nutritionist in a few weeks time.. let’s see.
Out of interest, have you ever been tested for sibo / Candida? Sorry for all of the questions, I’ve never come across anyone who also used Normacol too.

Sorry to hear you’re suffering as a result of the Normacol discontinuation too. I’m seeing a holistic nutritionist and undertaking tests to try and get to the root cause of the issue currently - it’s probably my going to be a journey but hopefully will help. In the meantime I’ve been taking a mix of magnesium citrate (400mg) and bisacodyl when I need it (usually every other day). I suffer with bad bloating usually so have been trying to limit my intake of higher fodmap foods and yeast too, which is helping reduce the bloat but not necessarily ‘’movements”. I’ve been told to do box breathing a few times a day too, which can be good for gut health to lower the circular gut-brain stress. I hope you find a solution.