Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is considered normal as far as bowl movements go....? It seems like during the week i am ok.....i usually go once a day in the morning...although i have been kinda constipated from Effexor..but on the weekends i sometimes go three times a day.....and my stools are pellet like...i get that annoying feeling of not being completly emptied out...i do get lower stomach pain occasionally but it is aggraviated by certain foods...i always here that once a day is healthy but then i worry when i start to go more often..

·
Registered
81 Posts
ArtStar, There really is no 'normal' for howmany BM's you have, everyone is different. Forthe first 35 years of my life 'normal' wasanywhere from 3-7 BM's a day. My sister usuallyonly goes 5-7 times a week. As long as you aren't having constant D. I wouldn't worry aboutit. Taking Fiber will help to keep you regular.For instance I had a terrible problem with D.where I was going about 15 times per day, whichwas not a pleasant way to live. Now, with thefiber along with calcium I am going 2 times aday and no more D. This is the perfect solutionas far as I am concerned, you may want to giveit a try.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i would go 2 times every day sometimes 3. but i feel its too much. i would like to get it dowwn to once a day. also i think you also have to ask the question of when you do have a BM, how much in quantity do you go and what is normal amount. this is a question that always bothers me cause i feel there is non-ibs sufferes who would see it normal to go once every 3 days, so how come such a variation?my ibs is mainly the cramping, gas, bloating, urgency and occasional bad D. greatly increased by stress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.