Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going on my second week now with basically no IBS-D symptoms. At first I thought I was constipated, which is usually how I spell relief, being that I am violently, relentlessly D most of the time. Have been for most of the last 5-7 years. Then it dawned on me: I am simply having normal BMs. How weird is that???I have been a good girl, eating only from the short list of easy foods in small amounts at regular intervals -- but that's not unusual. I cannot figure it out! Does anybody else here feel, oh, pleasantly apprehensive during periods when digestion is working? It's downright spooky! I feel like one of those carefree slutty teenage girls in a slasher movie, who has NO IDEA (insert scary music) that she is about to be disemboweled...
I'm not complaining, mind you. I am willing to put up with this for the next 25-50 years. But it feels STRANGE.P.S. I don't think it's the tapes. I haven't been a good girl about listening for the past two weeks. Naughty Lydia.

· Registered
23,788 Posts
How far did you get before you stopped because it keeps working.But what's up why are you not doing them? Lydia, a few people have told me this before and without sounding rude or preachy, I ask them do you really want to get better and if you do keep at it and stick to the schedule its very important for it to really work.It was really weird when I went into remission at first because the first weird thing was what to do with the extra energy I had.It may not be the tapes although, I would venture it had a lot to do with it, but sometimes IBS just goes into remission.

· Registered
23,788 Posts
How far did you get before you stopped because it keeps working.But what's up why are you not doing them? Lydia, a few people have told me this before and without sounding rude or preachy, I ask them do you really want to get better and if you do keep at it and stick to the schedule its very important for it to really work.It was really weird when I went into remission at first because the first weird thing was what to do with the extra energy I had.It may not be the tapes although, I would venture it had a lot to do with it, but sometimes IBS just goes into remission.

· Registered
6,709 Posts
Yo, Tatoo-You!1. it is exceedingly common for IBS d-types to go into complete remission from dietary modification alone. So that's not wierd at all.2. It is also normal for any change, for the better or worse, to result in a percieved change in perspective..and when the lifestyle change is from sick every day to not sick every day, the learned behaviors (anticiapation:expectation:response) diminish over time and that time varies from person to person. Also, anxiety is a funny emotion. Change causes anxiety, even change from the bad to the good, as Eric suggested betyween the lines, can elicit enough anxiety to precipitate the expected and feared outcome. Sort of the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon.So while your immediate symptomatic relief may be the result of a dietary change, if your were in CBT or HT I would discourage you from discountinuing the therapy as the behavioral aspects of your condition may require ongoing support until they are fully ablated.Also, Think of the analogy of the child on his 2-wheeler observed by worrisome Mommy. Watch out for that rock!!!" cries worrisome Mommy and sweetie pie, attention drawn away from her present path and to the rock, procedes to steer right into it and fall on her butt.Revel in your remission, do not fear it, and if you do, this is normal but it can be helped by continuing your adjunct therapies. The tapes don't work sitting in the case!
Eat well. THINK well. be Well.MNL

· Registered
6,709 Posts
Yo, Tatoo-You!1. it is exceedingly common for IBS d-types to go into complete remission from dietary modification alone. So that's not wierd at all.2. It is also normal for any change, for the better or worse, to result in a percieved change in perspective..and when the lifestyle change is from sick every day to not sick every day, the learned behaviors (anticiapation:expectation:response) diminish over time and that time varies from person to person. Also, anxiety is a funny emotion. Change causes anxiety, even change from the bad to the good, as Eric suggested betyween the lines, can elicit enough anxiety to precipitate the expected and feared outcome. Sort of the self-fulfilling prophecy phenomenon.So while your immediate symptomatic relief may be the result of a dietary change, if your were in CBT or HT I would discourage you from discountinuing the therapy as the behavioral aspects of your condition may require ongoing support until they are fully ablated.Also, Think of the analogy of the child on his 2-wheeler observed by worrisome Mommy. Watch out for that rock!!!" cries worrisome Mommy and sweetie pie, attention drawn away from her present path and to the rock, procedes to steer right into it and fall on her butt.Revel in your remission, do not fear it, and if you do, this is normal but it can be helped by continuing your adjunct therapies. The tapes don't work sitting in the case!
Eat well. THINK well. be Well.MNL

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Tatoo, I am very happy that your D seems to be going. (groan... awful choice of words there...pahleeze) Anyhoo, I wholeheartedly agree with what Eric and Mike have said.One thing I will share with you is once my D began to stop, I actually felt very uncomfortable. It felt very odd to have umm (how to put this 'nicely'.... I dunno....) solids in my colon. LOL I was so used to having an empty sensation all the time that actually having 'regular' (I've obviously been afflicted with "poor choice of words syndrome" today, sigh)contents in there was a really new sensation that took some time to get used to. Ok I'm shutting up here....cause God only knows what will come out of these fingers next.
Glad you are feeling better.
BQ

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Tatoo, I am very happy that your D seems to be going. (groan... awful choice of words there...pahleeze) Anyhoo, I wholeheartedly agree with what Eric and Mike have said.One thing I will share with you is once my D began to stop, I actually felt very uncomfortable. It felt very odd to have umm (how to put this 'nicely'.... I dunno....) solids in my colon. LOL I was so used to having an empty sensation all the time that actually having 'regular' (I've obviously been afflicted with "poor choice of words syndrome" today, sigh)contents in there was a really new sensation that took some time to get used to. Ok I'm shutting up here....cause God only knows what will come out of these fingers next.
Glad you are feeling better.
BQ

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BQ said:"Ok I'm shutting up here....cause God only knows what will come out of these fingers next."Well hon, no wonder it felt weird. I don't think it's spozeta come out of your FINGERS.
(They don't have a smilie for "obnoxious," but I sure could use one...)

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BQ said:"Ok I'm shutting up here....cause God only knows what will come out of these fingers next."Well hon, no wonder it felt weird. I don't think it's spozeta come out of your FINGERS.
(They don't have a smilie for "obnoxious," but I sure could use one...)

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Ok Words usually generate from my brain....so I imagine that is where my problem originates.
BQ

· Registered
14,050 Posts
Ok Words usually generate from my brain....so I imagine that is where my problem originates.
BQ

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Tattoo, this is a great time to find out if you do have any food allergy/sensitivity. Stay on this diet for a month total, then re-introduce the foods you were eating one at a time, 2 weeks apart, and see if your symptoms come back. AhHa! I bet you'll find the culprit.
And thanks you and BQ for the laugh...

· Registered
1,435 Posts
Tattoo, this is a great time to find out if you do have any food allergy/sensitivity. Stay on this diet for a month total, then re-introduce the foods you were eating one at a time, 2 weeks apart, and see if your symptoms come back. AhHa! I bet you'll find the culprit.
And thanks you and BQ for the laugh...

· Registered
23,788 Posts
Tatoo, you didn't say how far along in the tapes you got to. Like I said it keeps working even when you stop. If you even got to two weeks in to it, it would keep working after you stopped.If you don't want to answer this that's okay, but personally I am curious.Also IBS can just go into remission on its own sometimes.Either way, I am glad you are feeling better.

· Registered
23,788 Posts
Tatoo, you didn't say how far along in the tapes you got to. Like I said it keeps working even when you stop. If you even got to two weeks in to it, it would keep working after you stopped.If you don't want to answer this that's okay, but personally I am curious.Also IBS can just go into remission on its own sometimes.Either way, I am glad you are feeling better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.