Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my moticational thought for today....I just read that people with completely "normal" (whatever that is) bowel functions experience bouts of diarrhea 4 times a year.When I'm not in a "HIGH" IBS time I will still on occassion have a bout of "D". I start to panic and start that cycle. What I need to think indtead is that this is just one of my four time this year

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
My Mr. Normal Iron Gut husband seems to have more diarrhea than I do now. Go figure.When even things like tooth paste can be infected with bacteria what is a person to do.Linda

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
My Mr. Normal Iron Gut husband seems to have more diarrhea than I do now. Go figure.When even things like tooth paste can be infected with bacteria what is a person to do.Linda

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
linda where'd you get the toothpaste infected by bacteria?

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
linda where'd you get the toothpaste infected by bacteria?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh yes, *they* get D too. My husband has been getting it lately here and there too. And once he emerges from the bathroom, hunched over, and pale from the pain, I'm always there to say "WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!" BWWWAAAHAAAAAAA!!!
That's about the only time he FULLY understands what I go through, and boy is he sympathetic for a while too!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh yes, *they* get D too. My husband has been getting it lately here and there too. And once he emerges from the bathroom, hunched over, and pale from the pain, I'm always there to say "WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!" BWWWAAAHAAAAAAA!!!
That's about the only time he FULLY understands what I go through, and boy is he sympathetic for a while too!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Lately , my husband has been having some stomach trouble, which is very unusual for him. After some pain and D he came to me and said that he finally understood what I go through all the time, and he doesn't know how I can stand it. I guess you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Lately , my husband has been having some stomach trouble, which is very unusual for him. After some pain and D he came to me and said that he finally understood what I go through all the time, and he doesn't know how I can stand it. I guess you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My 19 year old son gets D quite often; of course, he has an appalling fast food diet. He gobbles up Imodium more than I do.My husband had bouts of D a few years ago. His doctor had recommended for losing weight to have breakfast every morning so he wouldn't be so hungry later in the day, so Dan settled on cereal (quick & easy). Soon after the breakfast, he'd have to pull into a gas station or MacDonald's. Found out he was lactose intolerant.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My 19 year old son gets D quite often; of course, he has an appalling fast food diet. He gobbles up Imodium more than I do.My husband had bouts of D a few years ago. His doctor had recommended for losing weight to have breakfast every morning so he wouldn't be so hungry later in the day, so Dan settled on cereal (quick & easy). Soon after the breakfast, he'd have to pull into a gas station or MacDonald's. Found out he was lactose intolerant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.