Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually get up at 5 or 6 a.m. (that's if I didn't wake up at 4 which I do a lot of the time). I get ready, drive, put in a full day at the office and then drive home. By the time I get home I literally feel like I could go to bed. Do others out there feel this way? I mean it's hard to do anything when I get home. I feel so exhausted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes, yes and yes. I feel like that every day. I work in a childcare facility where the kids take naps, and I would give my right arm if I could lay down with them and sleep. I feel tired ALL THE TIME!!! If you find anything that helps, please let me know too. jenn

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Me too. I can sleep for 9 hours a night (kids permitting of course) and still have trouble getting out of bed and staying out for the remainder of the day. Stupid thing is when bedtime rolls around I usually find myself with a wonderful case of insomnia, grr!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You may need to be checked for anemia and sleep disorders to make sure those aren't reasons for the fatigue (especially if you snore on the sleep disorders).Quality of sleep matters as much as quantity.There is a program that sometimes helps some people called LEVITY ( http://www.bodyblues.com )Light--20 minutes a day in natural sunlight (or a light box if needed)Exercise--20 minutes moderate walking, in the natural sunlight if possibleVit-amins. They sell a combo pill but you can do it with a B-50 multi B formulationD-400 mgsSelenium-200 mgs.These are all pretty cheap and widely available.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If there is any chance you got a sleep disorder issue you do need to check that out. I had the bouncing baby cousin of sleep apnea called upper airway resistance syndrome.The lack of quality sleep really did me in. I've been a lot better since they fixed my nose so I can actually breath at night.I hope the vitamins work for you. I do notice the difference when I don't take them. At least my work means I usually get the exercise and light as I have to park in a deck that is not that near the building.K.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who's tired. I'm a bit worried lately as I've been relying on the ocassional energy drink,but,if it keeps me sane I'll do it. They don't give me a buzz or anything,just lifts my eyelids
I'm not anaemic as I've had my 3 monthly all clear from chemo
and I also take about 3mg of sleeping pill. Does help to know that there's good folk like yourself who understand.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
ah hell! i gave up being "normal" years ago
some times i dont feel entirely normal, other times i think i used to be a werewolve but im allright nowwwwwwwwTheres plenty nutters like us out there.. live your life! enjoy your life! just get on with your life! we are a lot better off than some in the world..

G

·
Jaysus Chris - you work full time, aren't you a mum too AND you have IBS - give yourself a break girl - you are holding it together great - and yes, I'm cream crackered and only work 2/3 days a week - and at the mo, not very much at all (school hols and all), fell asleep infront of some kid's movie this arvo - mind you, had walked 4 kids, 3 miles - does that count?Sue

·
Registered
332 Posts
if you feel bad then i guess you are going to be knackered. ibs is wearing!!!and how are you managing full time job, kids etc?!? i just finished 6th yr on a part time timetable. not too sure how i actually finished the year without getting kicked out!!!!!!just bear with it and don't push yourself too hard, sometimes a day off for sleeping can work wonders. lol rich coming from me but hey!

G

·
Chris - stop being so hard on yourself - its easy to sound upbeat without always being necessarily so, certainly true in my case - believe you me, not very upbeat first thing in the morning - often wake up, knotted up with anxiety - often about bugger all!! but I do find keeping busy helps - mind you, sounds like you could do with a rest from time to time - do you ever get one?Sue, Manchester

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.