Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a knowledgable, caring Dr. in the north Jersey area? (I live in Bergen County). I am currently seeing a Dr. who takes no insurance and for that and other reasons would like to change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Bergen Gastroenterology. They have a large group of gastroenterologists in that practice and they accept many types of insurance. Drs. Levine or Avezzano either one is good. Good Luck..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ksixx,could u tell me a little more about Dr. Avezzano and Dr. Levine? have u been a patient of theirs? i'm just looking for more details, i'm considering switching doc's myself and i live in bergen countythanks...methical

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Methical,Yes, I have been a patient of Dr. Avezzano. Both my mother and father were treated by Dr. Levine. Dr. Avezzano is a nice guy. Bergen Gastroenterology is a big practice and I believe they have 7-8 physicians in the group. Dr. Avezzano has a good bedside manner. I was hospitalized for ulcerative colitis back in 1990 and he treated me then. Dr. Ein was in that group and also treated me (he was excellent, but he retired a few years ago). My father recently had to have an endoscopy and Dr. Levine performed it. My father said that he did not remember anything. I hope this helps you. Good luck, Ksixx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.