Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 years ago, was diagnosed with IBS-C & D, managed to stay relatively normal with the help of Miralax & Dicyclomine. A little over a week ago, I have been violently sick with D, stomach cramping, and now severely painful C. Now I've been in the Corpus Christi area for about 6 months and have not established a Gastrenterologist yet. MY pain has gotten so bad that I know I need to go see one, so I called the ones on my insurance and EVERY SINGLE ONE does not have availability until OCTOBER! So I figure I should go see my GP in hopes he can give me some sort of pain med or schedule a barium to see what is up. HE doesn't have any openings for 2 weeks.I want to leave work ASAP, but have already left 2 in the past 2 weeks for this problem!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Call the GP back and ask to speak to one of the nurses, preferably the triage nurse if they have one.If it is an emergancy that nurse is usually the one who can schedule the appointments, and most doctors do have a few of those.The main appointment person can't give you one of those.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Call the GP back and ask to speak to one of the nurses, preferably the triage nurse if they have one.If it is an emergancy that nurse is usually the one who can schedule the appointments, and most doctors do have a few of those.The main appointment person can't give you one of those.K.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did that and all she could help me was by telling me to call at 8am tomorrow to see if anyone cancels.The last time my tummy felt this bad I had to have a barium enema-which revealed very iritated intestines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did that and all she could help me was by telling me to call at 8am tomorrow to see if anyone cancels.The last time my tummy felt this bad I had to have a barium enema-which revealed very iritated intestines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts