");

1.jpg

Not a particularly good day

Posted by
Cherrie

13 May 2009
·

IBS & My Otherwise Normal Life

After a couple of pretty good weeks, my gut finally got angry with me since last evening and lasted most of today. The pain's pretty bad with the multiple BM's, although it's just loose most of the time. And after pausing for a couple hours, it's starting again now just as I was about to get up and get some exercise ... Sigh, I hate that feeling in my stomach... What a shame I love the Wii fit/sports games... but now i just can't... Must be all the stress from work I'm under, or the rainy damp weather, or both... Ouch... ... Maybe I'll still try and see if I can play a lil later (just love the games tooo much, LOL)...

• twitter.png

• <plusone count="false" size="small"></plusone>
  • digg.png

• delicious.png

• reddit.png

• stumble.png

• print.png

• blogthis.png

default_large.png

litlbear51

Jun 21 2009 06:41 AM

Cherrie, I can sympathize, I use to be that way as well, however my recommendation, get on Probiotics - I use a system that I began 2 months ago, and I have not had one symptom in 2 months. Email me at (Content deleted), I will send you the information - the product works, it is all natural, it is healthy and it makes your gut healthy again - hope this helps

Denise

12.jpg

Cherrie

Jun 23 2009 08:15 AM

Hi Denise,

(Mod hat off) Thank you very much for your comment. I am already on Probiotics -- there are many brands on the market that people can choose from. In fact we have a forum devoted to it.

However, (Mod hat on) please do not post your email publically as it is against the terms of service and plus it is for your own protection so that spammers won't flood your email. Anyone who would like to contact any member privately could either Private Message them, or email them from their profile info. Please also keep in mind that the way you made the suggestion, the wording of it, sounds very much like an ad., and unpaid ads are not allowed anywhere on this site.

Thank you again for your suggestion and for your cooperation in not posting ads anymore. Your email is removed and your other double post (duplicate post with exactly the same content) will be deleted as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Cherrie

default_large.png

litlbear51

Jun 24 2009 03:22 AM

Not at all Cherrie, that is too bad you made that assumption so quickly. I left my email so that I would not be marketing, just the opposite. I found something that works - and I want to stand on every rooftop and share it with those who have spent the last 20 years suffering from what every doctor says is incurable. I simply have tried every pill, liquid and diet out there - none worked. I have tried every probiotic out there, problem is that they worked for little time spans. Yes there are tons of probiotics, but what most people do not understand is that when companies make them, they make them so they guarentee 1 billion healthy flora at the time of manufacturing - by the time you buy it from the store, take it home, ingest it, it passes through you stomach acid, small intestine then into your large intestine, you are ingesting about 1/2 to 1/4th of what you paid for. Hence why most folks with IBS find it only works sometimes, or for a short time or does not get rid of all the symptoms. IBS is irritation of the large intestinal wall - if you are lucky enough to have diverticulitis with it, then you also have inflammation on top of it with small pockets of bad bacteria within the wall of your intestine. It is aggravated by irritants - ie. Imodium, lack of water in the bowel, salads, nuts, often fruits, certain foods - it depends. In order to relieve those symptoms the key is to get rid of the inflammation first, then work on making the gut healthy. Folks like us normally try what we can because the symptoms are horrible. Most Americans who are not medical professionals, do not realize, they are often times doing more harm than good - as a sufferer of IBS and Diverticulitis, I cannot pinpoint a food, my bowel reacts to anything - it depends - I have tried the fruit diet, made it worse, salads make me go for days - nuts and fruits irritate my bowel, so I am left with water and crackers!! I even went to have a Colonoscopy - well one day I will share with you what the prep did to me - it was so bad I ended up in the ER with chest pain, my bowel reacted so badly it cause my valsalva manuever to work overtime - causing my heart to slow down to a rate most would not live from - went down to 34 - had a mild heart attack. I have tried everything - and I will never have another Colonoscopy - nor drink the Movi Prep they give you!! So, my apologies if you think I am a marketer - in reality yes telling you what I am taking that has taken my symptoms away would be marketing; I guess you could define it that way - but I want to share what I think is the best product made - and to put the website on here would be marketing, to market the product's name would be marketing - hence why I left my email - I can give you the website off line - not marketing, sharing a great thing. Hope you feel better someday -

Take care.

Hi Denise,

(Mod hat off) Thank you very much for your comment. I am already on Probiotics -- there are many brands on the market that people can choose from. In fact we have a forum devoted to it.

However, (Mod hat on) please do not post your email publically as it is against the terms of service and plus it is for your own protection so that spammers won't flood your email. Anyone who would like to contact any member privately could either Private Message them, or email them from their profile info. Please also keep in mind that the way you made the suggestion, the wording of it, sounds very much like an ad., and unpaid ads are not allowed anywhere on this site.

Thank you again for your suggestion and for your cooperation in not posting ads anymore. Your email is removed and your other double post (duplicate post with exactly the same content) will be deleted as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Cherrie

12.jpg

Cherrie

Jun 24 2009 08:09 AM

Hi, Denise, I'm really glad it's worked for you.

In this case, if it is not a product that you sell, then why not posting what it is here or over there on the Probiotics forum without your personal email or any specific website selling the product? You could even write a personal success story on the stories forum in the above-mentioned way. Interested members could google out websites that sell the product and choose a site that they would like to buy from. This way, no one will suspect that you're posting ads and your success story can also inspire and help others.

BTW, a note on probiotics - the effectiveness of probiotics depends on a multitude of factors, how much live culture being one. There are different strains in different products and each individual may or may not benefit depending on which strains they are lacking/needing. Here's a pretty comprehensive wikipedia page on the strains just for anyone out there who happen to bump into this blog entry: http://en.wikipedia....obiotic#Strains

Best,

Cherrie

P.S. -- a note on what is considered marketing here on this site:

* Posting only the name of the product and noting simply "it's worked for me and if you haven't already, you might want to give it a try" is not marketing, because the other members are left free to google and choose the website/seller of their own.

* Posting the name of the product, along with posting one's email and/or the specific website (or a series of websites, esp. sites that trace back to the same owner/company/maker etc) is considered marketing.

* NOT posting the name of the product but giving people only an email is considered hidden ads that may get people into situations that they later would regret and is considered suspicious not only by the Mods but also by regular members, too.

* When there is only one website selling a certain product and the person who is saying that it's worked for him/her is the owner/staff member of the website/company, it is also considered/suspected hidden marketing.

* Certain language styles that resemble the way salespersons use in commercials/marketing techniques can also make a post suspicious.

(Specific circumstances under the Mod Team's discretion, as mentioned in the TOS in similar language)

I/we understand that new members may not be aware of this, so, I'm NOT saying that you are a salesperson, but now that this is brought into awareness, you might want to avoid these so that you'll be able to write about your success without sounding that way. Thank you.

default_large.png

litlbear51

Jun 29 2009 05:19 PM

Sorry it took so long to write, I was traveling - anyhow, hope you are doing well. I did some research while I was traveling on some things a friend of mind presented at a learning meeting last week. He is a Chiropractor and he is studying probiotics,Qivana to be specific, check out qivana [Edited by a Mod: Please read Cherrie's instructions closely, no links to commercial websites are allowed, even if it's your friend's. Thank you.] and he presented on the testing he is doing and the effects of the probiotic on the body's systems. It is a neat study - I will see if I can find his website, it is buried somewhere in my notes.

I did not know of a probiotic forum - thanks for sharing it. Yes you are right probiotics depend on a lot of things, and there are only 4 strains normally, however, it also depends on how it is made as well. I take Qivana, it is patented, I love it - and for the amount of money I have spent on others such as Nature's Way and Naturol, it is very important you read the fine print as well. Hope all is well with you - take good care.

Hi, Denise, I'm really glad it's worked for you.

In this case, if it is not a product that you sell, then why not posting what it is here or over there on the Probiotics forum without your personal email or any specific website selling the product? You could even write a personal success story on the stories forum in the above-mentioned way. Interested members could google out websites that sell the product and choose a site that they would like to buy from. This way, no one will suspect that you're posting ads and your success story can also inspire and help others.

BTW, a note on probiotics - the effectiveness of probiotics depends on a multitude of factors, how much live culture being one. There are different strains in different products and each individual may or may not benefit depending on which strains they are lacking/needing. Here's a pretty comprehensive wikipedia page on the strains just for anyone out there who happen to bump into this blog entry: http://en.wikipedia....obiotic#Strains

Best,

Cherrie

P.S. -- a note on what is considered marketing here on this site:

* Posting only the name of the product and noting simply "it's worked for me and if you haven't already, you might want to give it a try" is not marketing, because the other members are left free to google and choose the website/seller of their own.

* Posting the name of the product, along with posting one's email and/or the specific website (or a series of websites, esp. sites that trace back to the same owner/company/maker etc) is considered marketing.

* NOT posting the name of the product but giving people only an email is considered hidden ads that may get people into situations that they later would regret and is considered suspicious not only by the Mods but also by regular members, too.

* When there is only one website selling a certain product and the person who is saying that it's worked for him/her is the owner/staff member of the website/company, it is also considered/suspected hidden marketing.

* Certain language styles that resemble the way salespersons use in commercials/marketing techniques can also make a post suspicious.

(Specific circumstances under the Mod Team's discretion, as mentioned in the TOS in similar language)

I/we understand that new members may not be aware of this, so, I'm NOT saying that you are a salesperson, but now that this is brought into awareness, you might want to avoid these so that you'll be able to write about your success without sounding that way. Thank you.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts