Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever found that if you don't eat for a large amount of time, or skip a meal, you build up gas... I sometimes find it if the night before I don't eat, in the morning and over night I'm trying to pass gas for ages with bloating, sometimes even ending up in loose movements.I try to keep to a sort of mini schedule of eating to combat this... problem is, the next day depending on how bloated I am for, it's difficult to eat large amounts.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well the colon rests between meals and then gets active after meals for awhile, so I suppose if you skip meals you might have less stuff pushed along.You shouldn't have to eat large amounts to get the colon to activate, it is more active after larger meals than smaller meals but either is going to be a lot better than skipping meals and then trying to make up for it the next day or all in one meal. Even if you can keep some easy snacks on hand so if you can't have a meal you can at least wake the GI system up every 3-4 hours or so.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After more than 25 years of IBS suffering I just recently found that charcoal capsules, not the kind you use for poison absorption, but a specific kind made for gas can help tremendously with gas trapped in the colon.Simethicone only treats gas in the upper GI tract. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have to say the eating a little n often helps me so when it comes to a largermeal like dinner or even lunch i can handle it better and not get bloated so much even though somedays it doesnt play ball, just depends

1 - 4 of 4 Posts