Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One key to even get considered for disability is a supportive doctor or group of doctors. I have so many health issues that I should not be working. My doctors, though, will not support the idea because several of the issues are "maintained" through medicine; they want me to work as long as possible. Chronic diahhrea is not one of those; that's the ongoing mystery. NOT being able to keep weight on is not the norm for me; doctors cannot find out why. I've also been in the hospital for potassium low levels because of bowel problems. I was told to take Imodium; I told them that that does not solve the problem. I do take it to reduce the number of times I have to visit the bathroom, though. My newest gastro doctor says that it may be another phase of a condition I was born with and treated for monthly because tests for other possibilities have come up negative. There's one more I have to find time to miss work to go through but will probably come back negative also. I'm also on meds that diahhrea is a side effect, but the meds work too well for my doctors to want to change them.So, it's just more than "I have this or that and want disability," and get it. If you are working and make more than $900 a month, you will not qualify, for starters. That's from the SSA page on disability qualifications. It's terrible that you have to work until you almost are dead or miss so much work that you are let go, to even get considered or get support from doctors. You also have to get support from Social Security doctors that you are too disabled to work also after their exams and tests. If it were easy, I could be home and have enough energy to keep my house and take care of my husband better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts