Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first time here my doctors told me I have IBS they had me on some anti depresants for a while but I didnt think they were helping my symptoms so i asked them to remove me from them Ive tried better exersise and diet and my symptoms have gotten some what better but still have the very painful cramping about once a week sometimes more its always in my lower abdomen and feels like a need to relive myself sometimes i just rock and cry .... sometimes have the hotflashes aswell no certain foods seem to do it more or less ive tried my best to monitor what i eat but with 4 small children under age 8 its very hard ive had these symptoms Nausea the hotflases and D since I was as young as 9 years old Anyone else out there have a simialar situation who might can help me but talking with me plz send me and Email or post here Email is Feather_2000###charter.net Hope someone out there knows how i feel and can help thank you very much sick and tired lonley housewife

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Feather, welcome to the bb and sorry your not feeling well.How long were you on the antti depressant and what one was it?Sometimes they can take up to a month to work and also sometimes you have to find the right one.There are also other ways to manage and feel better with IBS.They have learned more about IBS in recent years.I am sure it is very hard with young children for sure.An important aspect of IBS is keeping balances.This is an excellent website from the mayo clinic also to read on IBS. http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00106&si=1096 My website also has a lot of information on it so you know.This is also an article on the anti depressants and IBS. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/anti...sentsandibs.htm It may also help you to read over the CBT/HT and anxiety forum. Emotions and thoughts can play a big part in IBS.There is help out there and you have come to the right place.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'm sorry you are feeling this way! What kind of antidepressants were you on?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just remember. You are not alone. There are so many parents like us with IBS. Life is not easy but it can be manageable. I know what its like when you'd love to take your kids to the park and you just can't. What's helped me is diet and exercise. Try the book "Eating for IBS" by Heather Van Vorous or "IBS the First Year". That helped me get started on a new life. I have more better days than bad days now and my kids are much more understanding. I've had them all in the car (I have 3 under 10) waiting to go out and I'm stuck in the washroom. It was really hard at first but the more I explained to them about it and that it can't be helped, the easier it became. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heya again Guys the pill they had me on was Prozac first they had me on a whole pill per day not sure the dosage since its been a few months ago now but then they changed it to a half the first amount gave me jitters the second gave me a drowsey feeling nothing more so i wasnt being helped by it or felt it wasnt helping my stress or my Stomach thanks for your replys and emails aswell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.