Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have had the feeling of not fully evacuating which is a new symptom for me. Can anyone explain why this occurs?Also, I am very bloated and feel full but do not seem to be passing much gas. Is this usual?Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sirrah, Yeah it is so annoying isn't it? I found for me two things helped with the incomplete evacuation. One time upping my fiber & water helped. Another time it was more of a muscle problem and relaxing and NOT sitting forever on the throne helped. No more than a few minutes and off I got. I remember taking a nice hot bath and that helped the muscles and the rest of me relax. (There's a lot to be said for relaxation
) Some folks here have had success using digestive enzymes to combat the bloat.Hope you feel better.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sirrah, Yeah it is so annoying isn't it? I found for me two things helped with the incomplete evacuation. One time upping my fiber & water helped. Another time it was more of a muscle problem and relaxing and NOT sitting forever on the throne helped. No more than a few minutes and off I got. I remember taking a nice hot bath and that helped the muscles and the rest of me relax. (There's a lot to be said for relaxation
) Some folks here have had success using digestive enzymes to combat the bloat.Hope you feel better.BQ

·
Registered
303 Posts
Check the label on the suppository - if it's only ingredient is glycerin then it is fine to use daily (according tomy doctor). If it has any stimulating laxative ingredients it can cause cramping and if overused make you unable to have a BM without the stimulate.I personally prefer a warm water enema (4-6oz.) when I am feeling the way you described.Good luck.loon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Check the label on the suppository - if it's only ingredient is glycerin then it is fine to use daily (according tomy doctor). If it has any stimulating laxative ingredients it can cause cramping and if overused make you unable to have a BM without the stimulate.I personally prefer a warm water enema (4-6oz.) when I am feeling the way you described.Good luck.loon

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
incomplete evacuation is a sensation or urge that your not finnished

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
incomplete evacuation is a sensation or urge that your not finnished

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.