Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to dinner last night and I guess I overdid it.I am so nauseous and had D for the first time in weeks.It gets me so frustrated that sometimes I can eat whatever I want and be fine and other times have to pay so dearly.I must say eating all that delicious food was worth it but I wish we all didnt have to suffer from enjoying ourselves.I guess its back to rice and toast for dinner tonight,yum yum!Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders!Maria

G

·
That is such a bummer. I have a great tendency to overdo it whenever I eat out. The portions are usually way too big for me and the food is really good, so it's hard to stop. My new technique (since my latest IBS bout which has lasted about 2 1/2 months) is to cut the dish in half as soon as I get it, and be prepared to take the other half home. If I find myself still hungry, then I will cut another small section, but I almost never am. Overeating has been a trigger for me, so if I can control that, I'm usually o.k. Hope you feel better!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Beansey: I am sorry that you are not feeling well today. I did the same thing last week, ate things that I love, but didn't love me. Hope that you feel better soon, take care. Maro

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. I know what you mean. It's not fair that we can't just go out to eat and just enjoy ourselves w/o paying for it dearly. Hang in there!Ty

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. It's very hard not being able to enjoy eating. I've given up so many of my favorites that I've become a real nuisance to have over for dinner!Sounds like we should all try Littleone's advice when eating out, though. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ahhh beansy...so sorry hon. I think we all tend to over-do it at times, & suffer the consequences too
Sure hope you're feeling better soon tho.I'm with Littleone in that I, too, eat only half-portions, bringing the rest home for "another time" & that works real well for me.I'm so used to eatting this way now, that I no longer "can" over-do. Loving, caring & "healing" thoughts to you, girl..mazzy ------------------**The strings of our daily life are few in number, but we can make endless melody thereon.**

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah, restaurant portions are way too big. Sometimes I just order an appetizer, or have my always-ravenous 11-year-old order a kid's meal I like, then switch with him.

G

·
Feel better beansy. I have been having a bad couple of weeks. Nausea, bloating, gas, etc. Go for endoscope on Friday.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
beansy - sorry to hear that now you are taking a turn for the worse. We're all having turns at this lately eh? The price we pay for a simple pleasure eh? I just LOVE to eat and wonder why "me" of all people came down with this cursed thing? Why not someone who is bored with food??!! *L*!Hope you're soon feeling better!

G

·
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I have tried to stay from restaurants that are more than 10 minutes away from home lately.I hope you are feeling better soon

G

·
well, we can relate! hope the D, etc., doesn't last too long. I was bad on Sunday at a group dinner and had nearly half of a yummy rich dessert with everything in it that I'm not supposed to eat. I'm almost never "normal," but I was quite a bit worse on Monday! no fun, is it?!yup, I also often eat just part of my food (2/3) served at restaurants, then eat the rest for lunch the next day.

G

·
Maria,You know we do care...Hope you're feeling better....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Maria-I know just what you are going through. We get alittle bit of confidence cause things are going well and eat something and it may or may not cause a flareup, there's no way to know. It gets depressing when the D lasts and lasts(I've had flareups that lasted months!) because I feel like it's NEVER gonna get better. Sometimes anything will set me off and other times I feel like I have an iron stomach. Hope the episode resolves quickly and that you are feeling better
------------------Nancy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts