Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is very weird to me.... I have not been hungry at all for the last 2 1/2 days. My IBS does not seem to be any different, in that, I am not in any flare up, no unusual pain etc. but I have no appetite. This never happens to me.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hmmm Rita have you increased/decreased your regular exercise? Cause that can effect your appetite. Try to get something in there if ya can. Just nibble and graze a bit here & there.BQ

·
Registered
222 Posts
RitaLucy, If you're having trouble eating and you need to get food in, Slimfast makes a soy drink now, if you can't tolerate dairy, and it's a good way to get electrolytes and protein.I often go through bouts of not being hungry, but it's usually related to pain. Are you at all constipated? Or going less than usual?

·
Registered
56 Posts
RitaLucy,I have been going through the same thing lately...I do have to make myself eat something 'cause I work out twice a day and would pass out if I didn't! But this is very strange for me to not be hungry. Usually I have to tell myself NOT to eat!Ever since recovering from an eating disorder a year and a half ago, I have paid very close attention to my hunger. And I've found that there are times when I'm constantly hungry, and times when I don't feel like eating anything. It goes in cycles. Unless it goes on for more than a week, I wouldn't be concerned. If, however, your hunger doesn't return, you might want to call your doctor.Jane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.