Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you have IBS also when you have not really constipation or Diarrhia. When IBS started 3 years ago I had more loose stools and much more frequent than now. But now I am just left with abdominal pain, incomplete(sometimes) evacuation, lot's of wind and gas pain, even without beeing bloated. In what catogory am I when I am not really c or D ???

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not really alternating. In the past I had more loose stools. Now it's normal and sometimes frequent(4-5 stools per day) That doesn't mean I go everytime a huge amount. Sometimes only a pellet comes out and sometimes a little bit more but at least once or twice a day it's a normal amount. I am taking also Celexa and Desipramene. My pain is better but not gone. I am not sure if it's the medication or the IBS taking a little break. I am just wonderting if it's still typical to have frequency but not D or C. Anybody has that ?

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe the medication do help me and it's not just "a good phase". I am almost scared to think positive because I am worried I will be dissapointed again. I actually don't have the urgency. Sometimes I sit 25 minutes on the toilet and still I am not relieved. I guess that's typical, right? I am still left with bad flatuance and sometimes gas pain and left sided abdominal pain (not extrem pain, just annoying). My doctor said that it's rare that the symphtoms will go away completly. Have you heard that too ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.