Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In late april this year i ate a small amount of some really off pizza. I usually just down the food with cola so i didnt realise how bad it was until i had already eaten one piece. After that i just ate the crust. I then got really bad diarrhoea and a small amount of mucus in my diarrhoea. This imrpoved in about 2/3 days although chocolate and cheese caused small problems (gas, bloating, mucus stools). Then a month later i had this sandwich with some chicken, cabbage, raisins and mayonnaise. Within one hour i was going to the toilet and a lot of mucus was coming out. This carried on for 2/3 hours. since then, things have been a bit off. I dont have sever diarrhoea or sever constipation but i am not at the balanced point. Also there is no pain. I have no problem with cola, tea and even ice cream is ok. Cheese not so much. I just wanted to know if anybody could give me advice or information.many thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
bloating counts as discomfort and discomfort does count for IBS (not just severe pain).It is worth going to the doctor and get checked out to make sure nothing other than IBS is going on.Mild IBS can be stools just a bit off and some bloating/discomfort and mucus. You don't need severe disruption to your life to be IBS. Being on the milder end of things makes it seem more likely to be IBS as the other things tend to have additional symptoms rather than fewer symptoms.Food is not the only trigger for IBS and it can be physical stress (didn't get a good night's sleep, etc) that sets people off.It may be worth seeing if adding some fiber to the diet helps regulate things and make sure to eat regularly and sometimes smaller meals rather than larger ones (so 4 smaller meals would be better than 2 large ones)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts