Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to call in sick for the second time today because after being c for 10 days with no help from fiber and laxatives.. i've been stuck in th bathroom in agonizing pain with it coming out both ends. when my mother in law hired me it was to help me out because I was so sick all the time.. She's leaving on holidays in a couple of weeks and I am apparently the only one to run the business. There are other employees there that can do the job... Anyways i'm not sure what to say to her, i don't feel she understands my form of ibs at all. Being how she is a mild ibs sufferer I figured that this would never really be a problem. I can take things like imodium , pepto etc.. but it makes me sicker for about a week after I take them.. how am I supposed to work full time for 2 weeks and not be sick?? Is this even possible? And what do i tell my mother in law so she stops getting angry at me for beind sick?Any ideas?

· Registered
146 Posts
Can't you tell her you feel sick pretty often and ask her if she can tell someone to help you out in times when you really can't be there?Then you can run the business, but incase it goes wrong there's someone to help you out, so less stress as well if you are prepared.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I hope that helps a little... not sure how to explain to her why i'm not on drugs for my condition.. and why I can't use the bathroom at work.. ( cause it normally comes out both ends)

· Registered
23,788 Posts
I meant to add sit down with her and be honest and talk it through, that's the best approach, people are usally understanding especially some one who has it, even if its milder.There is also a lot of information here to give to her.

· Registered
700 Posts
wow, i would think she'd be more understanding...maybe she isn't really upset with YOU per say, but just worried about running her business well...so yeah, making it clear to her what your IBS situation is...how it limits you...and that you might need to miss some time here and there...but you are trying to find ways to improve it..............this could help...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.