Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am waiting for a date to have a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. I have been told I have a dilated small intestine and a possible hiatus hernia.

Recently I have been getting (what I hope to be) acid reflux. I tend to go really weak and get a rush of blood (to the head), nausea and a very painful stabbing pain where my heart is. This makes me feel as if I am having a heart attack and my blood pressure goes wild.

I feel that anxiety is getting the better of me. Do other people who have been diagnosed with acid reflux or similar issues get the same symptoms - I need to put my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Lewis

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, it can be scary. I am thinking when this hits what I am feeling is part of the esophagus pushing up through the hiatal.

I usually drink a little baking soda with water, and seems to help it. Though I notice sometimes this will happen numerous times a day when it is happening at all if that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.