Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read so much on the discussion board that I now don't know if I'm coming are going.All I do know is that I have had IBS for 15 years, I have tried everything and nothing has worked.I am at the moment on anti depressants and just started the calcium.I am trying to get some of that miracle bread but I am so fed up with trying everthing and nothing working that I really don't think any of these things will work.The only time I forget about my IBS is if I go out drinking but then the next day is really bad and I also have to skip my tablets but that doesn't bother me because they don't work. I'm now laughing typing this because I sound like I'm in a complete mess which I am, and if I don't laugh i'll cry.Did you ever think you'd end up doing stuff like this,discussing your BM,s with the world.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
No I never thought I would be here doing this but if you would like me to try to help you get the right dose of calcium I would be glad to help.What are the meds you take check for side effect. Did you buy the Caltrate brand of calcium in the purple and white box.Lets start here.Linda

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the few things that has ever worked for me is pain pills. If I had dental work or surgery, the pain pills would always stop the dreaded D.I have been on the Lotronex for about three months. However, I knew after two days that I couldn't take two pills a day. I now take one every 2 - 4 days. It hasn't stopped the D completely, but makes it more manageable.Good luck and don't give up!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ciara,I couldn't stop laughing (and mentally crying with you) when I read the comment "did you ever think you would be sharing your BM with the world?" That is too true!!!!! And I am crying with you because after reading this BB I have realized that there are a million "cures" and none seem to work for me. I think that every day. But I haven't given up and I don't want you to either. There are successes on this board!!! Some were lucky and found theirs right away. Some, like LNape spent 20 something years in the bathroom but is now able to lead a normal life with Caltrate. The Caltrate didn't work for me, but I am thrilled for LNape and all the others and that gives hope for me.Keep plugging along and educate yourself. Don't be ashamed to talk about your problem. Why should IBS be a hush-hush subject, but not something like diabetes or breast cancer? Why should a disease be ostricized just because it originates from an area of our bodies that is unpleasant? Everybody has bowel movements!!!!! Everybody! (Well, except for those with IBS -C
) Our bodies just doesn't function properly.OK, I am going to calm down now, get off my soap box and end this with:I hope you have a great day. I know exactly how you feel.......JoanieMama

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments, I have only discovered this bulletin board recently and just to know that there are thousands of people out ther with the same problems, keeps me going.I'm not ashamed to talk about my BM's at all ,the only thing that embarresses me is the amount of gas I have.Anyone know of something that might help this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search on "gas". I know lots of people have posted things that have worked for them.Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please watch your drinking as well. You don't want to start another problem in your life by drinking away the IBS pain. And as you have discovered alcohol can make IBS really act up. Be careful and don't give up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ecord:I'd be willing to bet that the pain pills that stop your D are Tylenol III (Tylenol + Codeine). Codeine is notorious for causing C in "normal" people, because it slows down peristalsis. Other narcotic drugs can have the same effect. In an IBS-D-type, it would calm down an overactive gut and, temporarily at least, stop the D.But no doctor in his/her right mind is going to prescribe long-term narcotic therapy for IBS. ------------------Never give up! Never surrender!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.