Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Board.I can't come out and play today. I have to go take Frankenmommy to the doctor again, and this has NOTHING to do with IBS, but I saw this, and received a shocking insight into a terrible problem I felt we should all be aware of. Maybe you can help.---------------------I was reading Consumer Reports evaluation of side-by-side refrigerators last night(see another capital investment coming?) and to my surprise MAYTAG REFRIGERATORS have the WORST REPAIR RECORD of ALL the refrigerators on their Frequency of repair List.MAYTAG!Now, I said to myself, 'Self, have we not seen there before us daily, for nearly 30 years, consistently and without fail, the VIDEO TAPED EVIDENCE concerning the Maytag Repairman? The Loneliest Guy in the World? Forlorn? Nobody calls, nobody writes? NOTHING TO DO BUT WAIT? And yet, here we are, presented with the fact that literally HORDES of Maytag owners are banging the phones continuously while countless gallons of ice cream, unknown quantities of vital bodily fluid replacers like Kool-Aid, and indeterminate tons of frozen dead cow and pig, are slowly turning to compost in suddenly-silent Maytag refrigerators?'It came to me then, in a "Sam Kinneson Brilliant Flash Of Insight":SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE PHONE!!! IF THE PHONE DOES NOT RING FOR THIRTY YEARS,PICK...IT...UP!!!! THERE IS NO DIAL TONE YOU IDIOT!!!Un-be-leeeeeevable! So, somebody do us all a favor...I gotta take Frankenmommy to the doc, but will somebody PLEASE call their local Bell Telephone affiliate today and tell them THE MAYTAG REPAIRMAN'S LINE IS OUT!!!!!!-----------------------Thanks. MNL

G

·
Mike,First chuckle all day. You are rather amusing. As for the Maytag problem, My frig is from lechmere, which is out of business.They don't even have a phone anymore.Karly

G

·
Mike, i couldn't agree more....i purchased a side-by-side Maytag a year ago and i've had it repaired TWICE!! Plus I hate it (and I was the one who insisted on it) because the freezer space is so limited. But I love the ice in the door (when it works). Thanks for confirming that i am continuing my record for making bad purchases - and don't get me started on contractors!!!!

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KRISSY:No, Frankenmommy does not know that is her nickname. It is between me and my 2-year old. The moniker was assigned last week when the baby became terrified of mommies appearance from the wires and tubes during an ER visit, recounted in a post I made on the day my PC's also got fried (some post about PC's BLOWED UP MOM IN ER or something I made). When the baby would not go near mommy and had nightmares for a couple of days after, she sort of got the Frankenmommy attached. Being Colombian, English is a (distant) second language for her. She might not pick up the nuance to know what FrankenMommy means. Though, on the other hand, she does call Stephanie "Draculina" (I guess it is the Spanish female-gender form for DRACULA). Steph has incisors that are a little prominent, making her look like she has a cute little set of fangs.TEAL: Thanks for asking. Actually it is starting to look like FrankenMommies' syncope is NOT cardiac or cardiovascular in origin as is the first suspicion in syncope (BP falling out or an arrhythmia). Based on a careful review with the doc's of the patterns, symptoms, and presentation over the several episodes she has had, it is looking more like FrankenmMommy is exhibiting some form of seizure activity. This complicates things a bit.Thinking back over the times it happened when I was present, and interviewing the people who were around the other times, confirmed the characteristic "eyelid fluttering" of "absence (or petit mal) seizures". But the patient does not lose consciousness and motor control with "PM. In FrankenMommies case the episode is generalized with an extended period of total loss of concsciousness, no awareness or recollection whatsoever. And there is little or no indication of an impending episode, beyond MAYBE sometimes a short feeling of a hot flash, or similar sensation...usually it is just "yakakakakakakakSTOP>DROP> THUD>all's quiet....". Plus the post-THUD period is not the usual 30 sec. or so of simple syncope, or a minute or two of a generalized seizure (loss of consciousness and skeletal muscle control...ie: looks like syncope)...but apparently they timed her out in Burdines for (their guess) almost eight minutes (between the time she dropped, someone tried to arouse her, saw the eyelid-thing, went and called rescue, described the problem, gave directions and got back to her...she was just then coming around). Plus I have seen her out before from 3 to 6 minutes, and upon further reflection, recalled the eyelid fluttering. So I called around and asked if anyone else had seen it. Yasssuh!So, it is now going to be off to the nuerologist. While the differential for this is, like many things, somewhat lengthy and sometimes triggers range from specific pathology to "idiopathic" (ie: fancy word for unknown) it can also possibly be something visually triggered: If that is so, in FrankenMommy's case, I strongly suspect it may be precipitated by seeing another women in a badly-mismatched outfit (shoes, purse, accessories poorly coordinated or totally clash with the clothing). I will suggest this be investigated.Thanks for asking. Now I got a lot of work to catch up on.... C-U- later.MNL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.