Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sooo angry right now! had my barum x ray in feb,gp said its ibs and also piles,went back to another gp yesterday cause pain was so bad,she said have you not been told that the results of the test confimed Diverticulosis, i said no i havent been told that at all,she was suprised and said that is very bad im sorry!!! so now im looking for a new gp. It turns out the tabs i was taking werent the right to take with this condition,was so angry and upset.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Oh So sorry to hear this Ripata. Here is some info:http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diverti...rticulitis.htmlNow just so you know, you could have both IBS AND Diverticulosis simultaneously. So just be aware of that as you seek another opinion. It is so hard when you cannot count on a Dr to be on top of things and I hope your new one is much better at that for you.I truly hope you feel better real soon.

·
Banned
240 Posts
What country are you in?To me this sounds like a medical malpractice lawsuit.Are you saying you took medicine for a condition that did not exist?And they delayed treatment for your diverticulitis because no one got backto you? If that is the case, I would sue everyone involved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, i was thinking of taking this further, id suffer with ibs also,so the tablets i was given didnt do anything for my pain at all been like this since feb when i had test.Im looking as to my step.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The last time I "listened" to my doctor was about a year ago when he told me to take valium. An unopened pack is still sitting in the cupboard. The main thing, Ripata is that you have hopefully found an answer to managing the pain. Diverticulitis can arise from a low fibre diet, or constipating/straining?Jackmat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.