Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, nice to be here.

I'm 32 years old, and have suffered from these conditions ever since i'm a child. I don't know what to do anymore, i've tried fodmap and every GERD medication there is on the market. Nothing really helps.

I'm depressed, I haven't enjoyed food for years now, I don't eat and I'm losing weight.

I don't want to do any surgery. Is there anything else I can do?

What I really miss the most are the things that make me feel the worst - coffee, chocolate, tomatoes, sauces, vegetables and dairy.

Iv'e heard that there's a unique coffee for GERD and anxity (decaf), can anyone confirm? (the standard decaf taster's choice still cause me GERD)

Thanks.

· Registered
126 Posts
Hi guys, nice to be here.

I'm 32 years old, and have suffered from these conditions ever since i'm a child. I don't know what to do anymore, i've tried fodmap and every GERD medication there is on the market. Nothing really helps.

I'm depressed, I haven't enjoyed food for years now, I don't eat and I'm losing weight.

I don't want to do any surgery. Is there anything else I can do?

What I really miss the most are the things that make me feel the worst - coffee, chocolate, tomatoes, sauces, vegetables and dairy.

Iv'e heard that there's a unique coffee for GERD and anxity (decaf), can anyone confirm? (the standard decaf taster's choice still cause me GERD)

Thanks.
Hi,
I don't know much about acid reflux. My mom got it sort of recently too, but apparently it doesn't affect her that much, she does have to reduce the coffee she loves though.
I found this article with things that hep reduce GERD. I don't know if you've already tried them all (its not medication).
I don't know if its true, but some of these articles seem to suggest GERD can be permanently treated/cured.
If that's true, maybe its worth the focused short-term sacrifice of giving up favorite foods for curing it?
That's the approach I took to my IBS/SIBO, although my short-term was 5 years with suffering and no relief, after 5 years I was getting better, and year 7, I was basically symptom-free, as I am now.. But that was IBS/SIBO, don't know if its that way for GERD.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I don't know much about acid reflux. My mom got it sort of recently too, but apparently it doesn't affect her that much, she does have to reduce the coffee she loves though.
I found this article with things that hep reduce GERD. I don't know if you've already tried them all (its not medication).
I don't know if its true, but some of these articles seem to suggest GERD can be permanently treated/cured.
If that's true, maybe its worth the focused short-term sacrifice of giving up favorite foods for curing it?
That's the approach I took to my IBS/SIBO, although my short-term was 5 years with suffering and no relief, after 5 years I was getting better, and year 7, I was basically symptom-free, as I am now.. But that was IBS/SIBO, don't know if its that way for GERD.

I don't believe in natural remedies. Also, i've tried not to eat anything for a while, the cost is depression and weight loss. I'm now willing to try only conventional medecation / procedures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts