Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love them Quaker Oatmeal packets eh? The thing is, I eat em all the time but unless I drink a ton of water with them I seem to get constipated. I am IBS-C by the way and was wondering if any1 else with ibs-c has this same type of problem. I know it's necessary to drink a lot of water with fiber but oatmeal is cooked with a lot of water anyways and the size of the packets aren't that big.. hmmm

G

·
I use the regular type of oatmeal, but always have for breakfast at least four out of seven days. It has been great for me (Im a life long "C" type). Its also good for lowering your cholesterol which I need too.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Yep, the regular type oats that you have to cook are better.However, me and Oats don't get along so good either.Oats bloat me and make my bowels unbearably slow.Then the bowel never seems to empty right and the remedy to the situation arrives when I go back to eating (SOYLESS) Bran Flakes and Yogurt milk.KamieMy IBS is C too.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I can only eat oatmeal about once a week, if not less. I use the kind which you cook and even if I up the amount of water I drink, it still can back me up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I eat 2 packets a day for breakfast. I don't drink as much water as I should but I'm improving on that. It works fine for me. Sometimes I go for a few days without having a BM. I have found out this is not necessarily uncommon. I do find that when I drink at least 64 oz. of water a day I have less "bad tummy days."

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Everyone is going to react differently with regard to foods that cause bloating, D, or IBS symptoms. Like any other food high in fiber, not drinking enough water WITH the oats can cause constipation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.