Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First time poster here.

Where to begin. Well first I want to thank the creator of this board, I sort of need a way to vent a little about my stomach issues. I was diagnosed with Chronic Acute Stomach Pain when I was in the fifth grade (I am currently 21 years of age). I've tried every diet out there, nothing worked. Every medication, only rolaids ever seemed to work and they eventually stopped. All suggestions by the doctor and a nutritionist, debunk. This condition is absolutely unbearable at times.

A little bit about myself. I am 6'4" tall, and weight normally around 180-210 depending on how bipolar my metabolism decides to be. I sometimes go a week without eating more than 500 calories a day, only because I am so paranoid about having a flare up. I've been eating all organic and healthy food as much as I possibly can, but that doesn't do much other than help all of my other health related issues. I'm supplementing with lemon balm, omega-3, a multivitamin, and also am taking mood enhancers such as L-theanine and GABA, along with 5-HTP.

My condition causes me so many problems. I almost wasn't able to graduate my Senior year of High School in 2011 due to the flare ups I get in the morning as I was late every single day. Luckily the person who records the attendance knew of my condition and didn't make me as absent because I was still getting good grades in those first classes. Now I find myself having this issue occasionally in college where I can't miss more than 6-8 hours of a class without failing and it's horrendous.

I can go an entire month without a flare up, and then boom, just have one so bad I feel like jabbing a knife into my gut. That mixture of sour and raw stabbing/burning in the gut is enough to make me cry on occasion.

After years of being in studies, taking experimental medication, and having experimental tests run, having a doctor walk up and say "Nothing is wrong" is the worst feeling in the world. I want something to be wrong so I can start doing proper research on how to fix it. When I have a medical problem, I fix it with research and the proper medicine. This problem can't be fixed. I can't even battle it. The only recommendation I received was "take medical grade pain killers", yeah right I already have the worst pain in my life and now you want me to take a dopeamine-based drug that causes addiction and withdrawal? No thanks.

The only medicine that has actually worked for me (to a degree, it's not a miracle drug that magically made everything better) was Marijuana. I was arrested for possession with it and haven't touched it since, even though it's the only thing that has ever made me feel slightly normal, the only substance that has ever dulled the pain to a throb rather than an unbearable stabbing.

Sorry for the random jumps with those paragraphs. I'm having one of my worst flare ups in years right now for absolutely no apparent reason and I'm extremely angry. Oh, and nice to meet you all. Thanks to whomever takes the time to read this. I hate IBS/CASP. How can there be such devastating pain and no cause? Someone just block the pain receptors already!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I also have chronic abdominal pain and at first i tried changing my diet, taking all sorts of medicines and nothing seem to worked. However, i started exercising 3-5 times a week at the gym and now i feel close to normal. The pain has not only diminished, it has become less frequent as well. I seriously recommend you to give it a chance because it only took me 1-2 months to go from feeling suicidal to feeling good. Drinking 2-3 cups of peppermint tea is a good secondary treatment for it.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts