Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,im new to the site+even tho i no im not alone dealing with this-my 3 sisters have it as well as the countless people who suffer-i need to talk about how i cope!Since i was diagnosed with ibs-d ive tried so many remedys.Its been over 10 yrs for me,im now 47.Things were geting really bad trying to cope with work etc i got it into my head that if i stayed on the loo until i felt "empty"+then took imodium i could easily get thru my day.What started out as a good idea which lasted for an hr each day has now become a nightmare,i now sit there between 3-4 hrs every day until i feel safe enough to get off!Its driving me crazy now+has ceased to be the solution+has become the other problem.At the moment,im taking buscapan-2 4 times a day,1 or 2 imodium depending on what my day holds+propanalol to help with anxiety.Also,because my gp now thinks its become an ocd as i panic about using toilets other than mine,im about to start treatment with a psycologist.I read about the benefits of l-glutamine for ibs-d+have just bought that to try.Im at my wits end now+would try anything to lead a "normal" life again.My husband is so understanding,always trying to come up with ways to help me.We are in the process of adopting as well which is making me stressed but determined to beat this!Thanks for listening+for being there so i could talk xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.