Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have odor associated with their ibs, i don't know if it is from the mucous, or bacteria, i've tried everything there is to try,my ibs has been acting up for a year know, i feel as though i can't deal with this no more, im an impecably hygenic person, but cannot get rid of this odor, it's not only when i have a bowel movement it's all the time my gi doctor gave me antibiotic to see if it was a bacteria buildup but it wasn't, i think it is the mucous with this rank smell what can i do? i've been a prisoner in the house for a long time, it is very embarrasing, this revolves around every aspect of your life, my md put me on lotronex and told me to take fiber citrucil, who wants to deal with this for the rest of their life, this is discusting, does anyone have this problem and what can you do about it, i have no life no more, im 30 years old and want to persue a modeling career, but cannot with this nasty ibs that i can't get under control

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey there, sorry to hear about your odor problem, I don't have that but I'm sure some people on this bb do! I would suggest using antibacterial soap, nothign too harsh in that sensitive area. If youre worried about it in public, just put on a nice cologne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the things I've noticed since being on Lotronex is that my bms no longer smell!My husband said somehow the medicine is doing something to the bacteria in my bowels and I am going back to the dr. about that next week.The more I read this board the more I read just how different the symptoms of IBS can be for those afflicted with this awful disorder.My symptom is the total opposite of yours,bad smell-no smell,Lord help us all!------------------gypsy-D child of GOD

·
Registered
467 Posts
Have you ever tried Chlorofresh? Some people say it seems to help with the odor. I tried it for awhile, and it helped me a little bit, which is better than nothing. You mentioned being treated with an antibiotic for bacteria, but it didn't help. I was treated for H Pylori bacteria a couple of months ago, and my Dr. put me on mega doses of two antibiotics plus Prilosec. I had to take this for two weeks straight twice a day, and I have noticed a huge improvement in the gas/odor problem and the constant pain I was in, is pretty much obsolete. Did your Dr. test you for bacteria? Good luck with your modeling career! Oh, by the way, I'm curious, do you own a PTCruiser? I think they are really nice looking cars!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts