Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the doc sent me packing again saying a week off dairy isnt long enough..i was sent away with more anti nausea pills n told to be strict about havin no dairy products. anyone else had to do that? 2 hours after feelin nausea after havin a yoghurt and stupidly havin milk i sat down to a kfc feelin rather sick n then was sick...so i think im deffo off dairy..it was self discovery and doctors are useless wankers well mine is anyway..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Going from memory ...but the big 4 dietary trigger are #1 Dairy, #2 Wheat/Gluten, #3 Corn , #4....I think Soy.IT was from a medical study of IBD patients who where being feed by IV only until thier IBD calmed down. When they started back on real food they tracked what they ate and the above were the big problems foods.Good luck staying away from the white stuff.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I saw a Dietician earlier this year and went through excluding certain foods from my diet to see if they helped my symptoms.Can your Doctor not refer you to a Dietician?at least they know what they are doing when it comes to foods.I saw a Dietician privately as i was so desperate for help,but my GP would have refered me if i wanted it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my GP is useless recons i need to try eliminating things outa my diet for longer than a week or 2...he gave me more pills for my nausea and said IF I THINK its dairy stay away....i might as well get a phd or what ever,...

·
Registered
195 Posts
My doctor was a muppet he just told me I "can't" have IBS because I'm a fit, healthy, male. I know how you feel. I am mostly off dairy I will still sometimes eat it only if I can't avoid it. I do not under any circumstances drink milk. If I recall as stated dairy is the hardest for the body to digest. Most countries are lactose intolerant. Google it once it's actually very surprising.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
HiI stopped eating dairy some time ago and it did improve my IBS a little. i now eat a little dairy from time to time and seem to be able to get away with it, but now it is choice that i dont eat that much dary more than anything else. spicy foods always seemed to be teh foods that really messed me up.ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.