Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to the ER here in Hayti, MO. I've been constipated for the last bit here (very normal for me), but what's not normal is when I started going again a couple of days ago, it was small stools with mucus and waht looked like blood. Then last night I started passing only mucus tinged with blood, and some stools. Today, I got back to the hotel and it was definite. Bloody mucus in the stools and passing bloody mucus at other times. I'm scared. I don't think it's anything big, but it is a change and I did call my GI doc back home. He recommended that I come in to the ER tonight here. I don't want to go, but I guess I should. I've got cramping as well. Please give advice on if anyone has had this, and some good thoughts, please.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey girl take care of yourself. Are you going up toward St louis to go to the ER?Let me know if they keep you and what they say.Sending good healthy vibes your way.Take careKAt

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up at the Hayti ER down in the bootheel. They did a CT scan and blood work. The blood work showed an elevated sed rate (I have no idea what that means, but it's not good), but everything else seemed to be fine for now. I'm extremely constipated and full, so I'm supposed to switch to Zelnorm for a bit and see if that helps. I feel like ####. He was trying to tell me my diet sucks because I'm on the road, but I eat the same here as I do at home and I don't have a problem there, so..... I don't know. Sigh. We'll see what happens. I"ll keep you all updated. Thanks for the good vibes!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good luck Honugirl! I'm sorry you are feeling so crummy
I hope things start moving soon and you feel a little better. Good luck with the test results, I hope nothing is going wrong. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good luck, Honugirl!!The sed rate is a sign of inflammation [or infection], but very nonspecific. You could have an irritated gum and have it! Or a cold. Don't sweat that one too much!Hope things work out and you feel better! Sending good wishes your way.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Are you drinking the water? or do you drink bottled water? It changes everywhere ya go and nmaybe you are just sensative to that. Just a thought.There is a really good restaurant in Sikeston I believe it Sikeson. I will have to call my Daughter and ask her. She went to SEMO and they would drive to it. All I know is they throw the rolls and it was really good. We never drove to it cause by time I would eat I would have to drive 3 hours back home. With IBS you know how long of a drive 3 hours is and from there to St Louis there isn ot allot to see and stop at.Take careKat

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lambert's Throwed Rolls in Sikeston! Yummy!I've been drinking the bottled water. I don't know what's going on. I haven't had this problem before. I've been on the road eating the same I as I always eat and this has never happened before. I hope the pharmacy at Walmart is open, I really don't want to have to drive to Dyersburg, AK. Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. It's so hard to be so far away from home and just not feeling good at all.

G

·
Yeah I was intrigued by that one too our kid - had visions of a roll that had been vomited up - and you chaps complain you can't understand my lingo!!!You take care Accident Girl - what yer mean "on the road" - I'm intrigued? Hope yous OK anyway, you poor old duck.Sue

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Throwed Rolls are fresh baked rolls that come around on a cart and they throw them at you and you have to catch it if you want one (took me actually going to the place to understand!)On the road means, traveling for work. Them throwed rolls are yummy! I could have gone today because my partner was headed to Sikeston today, but I felt too yucky.
I need to produce something to get those tests done and I can't go! Why does that always happen?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes that is it, Did you eat there. was it good?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amazingly good! Tons of food. I ordered the pork steak and could have had about 3-4 meals out of it, had I had a refrigerator. I can't even think about food right now. Yuck. I've got so much #### inside me right now that just doesn't seem to want to come out and it's very annoying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.