Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello EveryoneI was wondering if anyone has found something that helps to ease there pain.I suffer agonising pains day in day out in my pelvic area.I do get pain in my back,stomach and rectum but the pain is awful in my pelvic area.Have tried all anti-spasmodics there is,low dose antidepressants and every type of alternative therapy there is,but nothing eases it,its a nightmare.Also tried exclusion diets also,to no avail either.Any advice would be much appreciated.Thank you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I havnt found anything either Diana, the pain in the low abdomin and stomach and back is unbearable at times, and I find that when i eat , the food hits the stomach and causes pain, then my intestines start making noises and movement like a volcano erupting.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Diana,I'm in the same boat as far as horrible, stabbing, wakes-me-up-in-the-night abdominal pain and I have tried pretty much EVERYTHING. Only 2 things have made a difference:1- eating foods that are very easily digested (If you think this may help you I'll send you my list), especially Ensure Plus drinks.2- L-Ornithine from Solgar. This stuff (it's a supplement amino acid) made the most difference for me. AMAZING! I was taking it for something else and found it made all the difference on my pain and ever since Ive been taking it and THANK G-d I can finally function without 24 hour pain. Start with 2 500mg tabs, then 4 tabs and then continue with 4 until you feel a difference (about a week or a week and a half) and then you can begin lowering it to 2-3 again. Nobody can really explain why this works but it does and has helped others as well.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Or when all else fails how about a heat patch??

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried exclusion diets and watching what i eat but they did not help either.Thank you for the advice .

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have not tried a heat patch for my ibs pain.Will i get this from a Pharmacy?I live in the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are many different ways to try to lessen the pain. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) should help, and it's easy on the stomach for people with IBS. But if you don't want to go with pills, you could try massages, yoga, accupuncture, accupressure, soaking in the bathtub, IcyHot, heat patches, and even meditation

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Believe it or not i have tried everything you have mentioned apart from the heat patches which i am going to get.I am really at the desperate stage now where i need to find something that helps,this ibs is ruining my life!I am actually on a waiting list for private 1 2 1 yoga lessons,to try again,maybe be of help,hears hoping.Thank you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Diana, have you had an endoscopy to check that all is ok down there?One thing you might be able to try is perhaps a salt water enema once or twice a week. Apparently the salt helps to loosen anything impacted and also is very healing. It also helps to draw out toxins.I have been doing salt water flushes too which entails drinking a quart of water with two added level teaspoons of sea or rock salt (that is an American quart which is 32 fl oz.). I have done two so far about a week apart and that seems to be shifting some stuff. The advantage is that it apparently cleans the whole digestive tract, not just the lower end of the colon.Some people see a result within an hour or two (so best not to be too far from the loo!) and others, like me may wait a day or more for it to exit. I can only assume that the longer it takes to get through suggests that the colon is pretty clogged.That is purely a personal thing though and it may be wise to do some research before embarking on the protocol if you felt it was worth trying. I am not medically qualified and anything I do myself has been after doing considerable research.

·
Registered
88 Posts
PS. I have also been taking honey and cinnamon for a few days - mainly at night just before I go to bed, but sometimes in the morning too.I put half a teaspoon of cinnamon in a large mug and pour over half to three-quarters of a cup of boiling water and leave it to steep for 10 minutes or so. Then I add some cold water and a good teaspoonful of 'raw' (unpasteurised) honey (you shouldn't add honey to boiling water - anything over 110 degrees will kill the enzymes (pasteurisation kills the valuable enzymes which is why it needs to be raw).Apparently the mixture helps to kill gas in the digestive tract - I have found that to be true. Honey is healing too and both the honey and cinnamon are antibacterial and antifungal.Although I don't have a problem with that now, it seems that cinnamon can help stop Diarrhea too.Although I have been getting a goodly bit of gurgling going on for half an hour or so after drinking the mixture, eventually it stops and I have been sleeping very well from then on. I am feeling a bit better so maybe it is achieving something. I have some friends who are also doing it and they are feeling better too.I'm going to keep going with it for a while to see what happens (apparently it can also help with weight loss - and I'm all for that too!)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HelloWow! Thank you for all the information.I will have a good think about things and take it from there.I am only a small made person,so weight loss i cannot afford.I have had endoscopies done at both ends on a few occassions and all were negative,so i should be healthy,if only!Thanking you again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Diana. I will add that I am not so sure about the salt flush. It seems that most people see a result within the first hour or so - but on my first one it didn't come through for several hours. That was ok, but when I did it again on Thursday it didn't come through at all which was a bit worrying.Last night my blood pressure went up which was a sure sign that the salt had been absorbed so I had to drink loads of water to try and dilute it. I won't be doing that one again.Like many of these things, whilst it obviously works for some, it doesn't for others. But you don't know whether it is going to work until you do it so it is a bit of a lottery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts