Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohh my,It is 2 o'clock in the moring and I am sicker than a dog! I was woken up this morning by terribly painful gas. It soon turned into the normal bathroom visits, and I have now gone a grand total of ....ta da! 7 times ( and I don't think I am done yet)! My tummy is gurgling and I have taken everything I know I can take. Some Phazyme for the gas, mylanta for the "D", and my Cantil, just 'cause. I am SO tired of losing sleep with this thing. This is the third week in a row that I have been awaken by my tummy at least one or twice.OOOUCHIE!!!!!!
)

·
Registered
674 Posts
You poor thing! I hope your stomach has settled down some and you've managed to get some sleep now. It's horrible being awake late at night when you don't feel well and everyone is asleep. Take it easy today.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dear Y - I just bumped some listings to the top of the board for your perusal they are Gas Please HelpJerusalem Artichoke Flourbizarre intestinal souindsChamomile tea.I used to have dreadful gurgling, gas and diaarrhea. The chmmomile tea always stopped my gut activity and stopped the pain. Tthe Jerusalem Artichoke Flour got rid of all my gas after a relatively short period, but it has not worked for everyone. Also please read a listing dated December 16, 1998, I forget the title but it has to do with gas or gurgles.. Have you gone back and read the board in 1998? There were fewer entries then and most of them were very focused on things that helped. Whenever I had a lot of diarrhea in a row I found that this simple remedy helped a great deal. I used an empty fleet enema (this is a soft plastic bottle with a tip) and filled it with warm water. It only holds about a cup. I would sit on the toile and gently give myself this tiny water enema. Hold the water for a minute or two and expell it. This would often stop the diarrhea.If you can get the book the Second Brain from the library you will better understand what is happening to you with ibs. The gut has neurotransmittors which are overactive in our condition. The author says they get "excited" and this causes the motility of the gut that we experience. The chammomile is a anti-spasmodic which probably quiets these excited n-transmitters. The diarrhea flushes out a lot of the good bacteria that we need and the bad bacteria take over and cause the gas -- the Jerusalem A. Flour feeds the good bacteria and helps them to reproduce and overcome the bad bacteria. Please use the search button to look for more information. I hope that something helps you. You say you are one of the "babies" I guess I am one of the "grannies". So glad you joined the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts