Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you alternate between C and D ? Sometimes even in the same day? Do you wake up wondering what kind of day it's going to be? I'm not talking about the weather. Any of you find anything thing that helps ?I know if I take anything for C that I will always end up with D .Sometimes for days and the same with taking something for D. I will then be C for days. Amnybody else ?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi linr,yes - I'm one of those lucky C/D types and can alternate between the two in a day or sometimes go for weeks one way and then swap to the other.I found that the best way to deal with my IBS C/D was to concentrate on eradicating the C and the D has largely followed - so I make sure to eat plenty of fibre and avoid foods that I know cause me problems. Which is easier said than done sometimes.The thing that really has helped the most believe it or not has been hypnotherapy - which sounds strange when like me your convinced it was diet related - but it has helped alot. I would say that my symptoms have gone from severe to mild (moderate on the occassional day) from hypnotherapy and from establishing what my main food triggers were.Everyone is different, but I guess you need to use a multi-pronged approach - not just diet, but exercise and relaxation also.Good Luck in finding something that helps you,Clair

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi linr,yes - I'm one of those lucky C/D types and can alternate between the two in a day or sometimes go for weeks one way and then swap to the other.I found that the best way to deal with my IBS C/D was to concentrate on eradicating the C and the D has largely followed - so I make sure to eat plenty of fibre and avoid foods that I know cause me problems. Which is easier said than done sometimes.The thing that really has helped the most believe it or not has been hypnotherapy - which sounds strange when like me your convinced it was diet related - but it has helped alot. I would say that my symptoms have gone from severe to mild (moderate on the occassional day) from hypnotherapy and from establishing what my main food triggers were.Everyone is different, but I guess you need to use a multi-pronged approach - not just diet, but exercise and relaxation also.Good Luck in finding something that helps you,Clair

·
Registered
59 Posts
Count me in, C/D sometimes in the same day, sometimes in the same BM. Don't mind the C so much its the D that scares me. It is like a little monster waiting for me to make the wrong move and Wham-O! At least I know if I have a lot of C just to eat something that will give me D and I'm all cleaned out again! Take care,Erin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Count me in, C/D sometimes in the same day, sometimes in the same BM. Don't mind the C so much its the D that scares me. It is like a little monster waiting for me to make the wrong move and Wham-O! At least I know if I have a lot of C just to eat something that will give me D and I'm all cleaned out again! Take care,Erin

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
count me in as well...more c than d unless I am under a great deal of stress then BIG time D. Same thing for me..take something for the D and end up C for days on end....then the hemmies and fissures act up and I usually end up in a lot of pain as well. The only thing that has helped is changing my diet and taking a combination of antianxiety and antidepressant drugs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
count me in as well...more c than d unless I am under a great deal of stress then BIG time D. Same thing for me..take something for the D and end up C for days on end....then the hemmies and fissures act up and I usually end up in a lot of pain as well. The only thing that has helped is changing my diet and taking a combination of antianxiety and antidepressant drugs.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skrapy: That use to work for me too,eating something you know will get things going. I use to do that a few days before something big,vacations,appoinments etc. But that doesn't even work anymore. I was so desperate this weekend I had a hotdog,corn on the cob,potato salad,strawberry shortcake and two alcoholic coffee drinks. Now if I would have had all that in a restaurant or someones house I bet anything I would have been running in 5 minutes. But since I had it at home,nothing. Sure I had the urge but nothing major. I expected a major clean out.I try to stay away from laxatives but I'm starting to think that is the only way I will be able to control when I go. I don't know.It is so frustrating. And of course I have a husband who likes to travel. The other day he asked me if I wanted to go to South America with him. I just laughed and said "yea right". Can't even imagine it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Skrapy: That use to work for me too,eating something you know will get things going. I use to do that a few days before something big,vacations,appoinments etc. But that doesn't even work anymore. I was so desperate this weekend I had a hotdog,corn on the cob,potato salad,strawberry shortcake and two alcoholic coffee drinks. Now if I would have had all that in a restaurant or someones house I bet anything I would have been running in 5 minutes. But since I had it at home,nothing. Sure I had the urge but nothing major. I expected a major clean out.I try to stay away from laxatives but I'm starting to think that is the only way I will be able to control when I go. I don't know.It is so frustrating. And of course I have a husband who likes to travel. The other day he asked me if I wanted to go to South America with him. I just laughed and said "yea right". Can't even imagine it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I don't know if I would classify myself as C or C/D. I would normally be a C type, but since I take milk of magnesia, I often alternate. I always have either C or D or both. Without milk of magnesia, it would always be C.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I don't know if I would classify myself as C or C/D. I would normally be a C type, but since I take milk of magnesia, I often alternate. I always have either C or D or both. Without milk of magnesia, it would always be C.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am C/D with mostly C. I get D about every 3 to 6 weeks. I just started on Paxil over 2 weeks ago, and so far so good on that. While I'm still C, it has become more "regular" in consistency. I'm just thankful that I can go to the bathroom every day or two. Ashley

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am C/D with mostly C. I get D about every 3 to 6 weeks. I just started on Paxil over 2 weeks ago, and so far so good on that. While I'm still C, it has become more "regular" in consistency. I'm just thankful that I can go to the bathroom every day or two. Ashley

G

·
I'm also C/D, C more often than D. I find that things get 10x worse when I'm under stress on the D side of things. I'm still fairly new to this whole IBS thing (only been officially diagnosed about 4 1/2 months), but I have to keep a fairly regular fiber intake or I'll go C right away. Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.Carrie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.